Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit scores during Ch 13?

Hi,

We haven't filed yet, not sure if we will be a 7 or 13. I have seen where in Ch 7, people's scores go up a few months after Ch 7 discharge. Do FICO scores go up during the repayment phase of Ch 13? We have been in a debt repayment plan thru a consumer credit place, and our scores dropped and really have stayed around 600 - give or take - during the repayment process. Not that I want to get any credit, just curious. I feel like it is just a viscous circle on trying to do the right thing, and the score just stays put.

Thanks!

Lynn

Personally, I really quit putting much weight into my FICO after hitting rock bottom and deciding to go the CH13 route, but I still keep an eye on my score for giggles. Shortly after filing, my score dropped from 594 to 560. Been paying for almost 2 years on a 100% payback and I'm now sitting at 640. The best thing that has come about from filing is the sense of freedom from credit and knowing that it's not necessary to survive. If it weren't for auto or home loans, I'm not sure I'd ever borrow again.
    Chapter 13 - 100% Payback - Filed 2/2010 - Discharged 4/2014

Comment

I watch my CreditKarma score, which isn't a FICO score but claims to simulate Transunion scores. Like drew999999, it's just for kicks as I have no need to worry about my score while in an active 13. I filed in April 2010 and didn't sign up with CreditKarma until January 2011 when my score was 686. It dropped to 682 in February for some reason. One of my credit cards must have finally gotten around to reporting my account as IIB. It went back up to 686 in June. It went to 689 in November. My mid score before filing was my Equifax score which was 730.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X