Question about bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about bonus

HI I also have a question about bonus. I file alone chapter 13 but they based my payments on husband income. My question is he got a bonus in dec. It was like 16k. I was told I have to turn in my w2 to trustee. My question is they will see that increase what will happen because he is a non filing spouse will payments stay the same? I told attnorney that husband gets bonus from time to time but we never know when or how much. What is the trustee looking at in our w2 ? We use this money to redo our sewage system and bathroom that was in really bad need of repairing. What do I need to do. We don't get bonuses like this every year and I believe I was told he didn't have to turn over his bonus. Already spent money now I start reading and started wondering..

Mikewindy, I moved your question here into its own new thread so you don't hijack the original thread. You are likely to get better and more responses to your own question this way.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by mikewindy View Post
      HI I also have a question about bonus. I file alone chapter 13 but they based my payments on husband income. My question is he got a bonus in dec. It was like 16k. I was told I have to turn in my w2 to trustee. My question is they will see that increase what will happen because he is a non filing spouse will payments stay the same? I told attnorney that husband gets bonus from time to time but we never know when or how much. What is the trustee looking at in our w2 ? We use this money to redo our sewage system and bathroom that was in really bad need of repairing. What do I need to do. We don't get bonuses like this every year and I believe I was told he didn't have to turn over his bonus. Already spent money now I start reading and started wondering..
      In November you were advised to contact your attorney when the bonus came in: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...908#post549908 Perhaps you didn't see the reply? I would imagine that your attorney stated you didn't have to turn over bonuses because he/she thought they wouldn't be that large. Just a guess...but I'm thinking 16K wasn't mentioned when you asked the question.

You may have gotten yourself in to a real pickle. With a bonus that large (or any "windfall" or increase in income) you should have called your attorney. Pick up the phone and do that today and ask about what you can expect now. It is much easier for your attorney to head off a problem with the trustee before things hit the fan. (You have to turn in tax returns, and unless your household income is really large that extra 16K is going to stand out nice and big to the trustee).

Hopefully your attorney will be able to smooth this over with receipts from you showing how the 16K was spent.
      Last edited by newbie2; 01-11-2012, 05:23 AM. Reason: Adding previous info
      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X