Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation Hearing?

Hi All,

My wife and I had our 341 meeting yesterday and it went pretty smooth. The next step is the confirmation hearing... what is that? Is there a risk to our proposed plan?

The only creditor I had show at the confirmation was the car loan lender and they wanted to see that I still had proof of insurance.

Comment

You'll be notified if there are any objections to your upcoming confirmation, and you can take it from there.

Good luck to us all.
      No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

The trustee told me specifically not to show up at the confirmation. Is that typical?
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
          The trustee told me specifically not to show up at the confirmation. Is that typical?
          If you have an attorney, then the Trustee's comment is understandable.

Good luck to us all.
          No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
            Yes. If there is some reason you need to appear, your lawyer will let you know.

Becuase we knew we would not be confirmed because of unresolved objections, we asked our lawyer if we could attend anyway just to see how things progressed and he agreed. It was interesting sitting there in the bk judge's open court chamber for several hours watching all the bk cases fly by with only a few moments of attention to each as confirmation after confirmation was announced. The very few unconfirmed cases (including ours) took 5-10 minutes each but in the end each of those cases were announced as unconfirmed and assigned a follow-up court date with the judge if the objections to confirmation could not be resolved before then.

Frankly the whole confirmation hearing (at least in our local bk court) was mostly a lot of friendly chit-chat between the bk lawyers, trustees, and court folks who all know each other very well. There was absolutely no reason for any filers to be there, including ourselves. The lawyers and judge handled everything. They knew well in advance who would be confirmed and who would not. The hearing seemed to be nothing more than a legal formality.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Sometimes confirmation of a plan can be held up for a simple reason.

My 341 was in December 2010. From reading this forum, I knew I most likely didn't attend that meeting, but the months kept passing with no notice of confirmation. Then sometime in May, I received the trustee's semi-annual report, which said that I was in default of the payments. In a panic I contacted my attorney, and he explained that technically I was in default. I'm slightly hard of hearing, and at the end of my 341, the trustee had said to mail another payment in within a week. ( I thought it was "month.") So, of course I immediately sent another payment and received my Confirmation Order in about 10 days.

RLOPE, if you don't receive your confirmation or any communication in about 4 weeks time, you might want to call your attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X