car payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car payment

If your car is gonna be in your chap13 for a lower interest rate do you make the payment reg before your plan is confirmed?

Getting a new job gonna have a gap before pays. Not a good time to switch jobs but the stress was unbearable, kinda had no other choice.

Comment

If it's included in the plan, then your ch13 payment will reflect that. You do not need to pay the car separately, the trustee will handle it from filing. Keep in mind that you will be making payments beginning within 30 days of filing, regardless of when confirmation takes place.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

How long do i have to make payment after filing?

Comment

The first payment is due within 30 days of filing. We filed on the 28th and our first payment was due the 28th of the following month.
          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Thanks for the info. My stomach turning cause i had to take a new job it was offered and i had to take it. my income is gonna go slight down didnt file yet but wanted to hopefully do it by feb. wonder if changing jobs gonna be a problem, I know i cant wait any longer to file. Guess i will just suck it up. worried my payment gonna be higher cause i made more money

Comment

If possible, it's best to keep paying the current payment on the car until you file. If that's not possible, then the arrears could be rolled into your 13. However, keep in mind that most car lenders will start sending people to voluntarily or involuntarily repossess the car very shortly after missing two payments, and some auto lenders pull the trigger even faster than that.

If you've retained a lawyer already, ask how not making a car payment close to filing could impact your case.
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget