convert to chapter 7 or hardship dismissal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

convert to chapter 7 or hardship dismissal

I am starting my third year in my 5 year plan. I am in a 25% payout to my debtors

Due to reorganization of our company, I found out in December I would be losing my job.

My last day of work will be March 30th!

I am currently over the median income to file chapter 7, but after a few of months of unemployment I should fall below the state median income.

I also have read that you can file a for a hardship dismissal. At the end of year, if I
    can make it that long, I will have paid into my plan 36 months.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Steelgirl, I'm so sorry to hear about the impending loss of your job The one bright spot is that you do have a few months to plan ahead and make the best overall decisions for your situation.

The first thing to do is to contact your lawyer to let him/her know about the confirmed job loss and when it will happen. During your conversation, clarify what needs to happen to convert to Ch 7 and when he/she thinks the conversion can happen. Also ask about a hardship discharge and if that's the best approach in your situation. Also be sure to ask what to expect to happen to each of the secured assets listed in your 13 once your Ch 7 is filed.

Keep us posted what you find out. Hang in there!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thank you so much for your input.

I only have a couple of secured assets my house and car. Car will be paid off in March of this year.

As soon as I talk with my Lawyer, I'll post her response.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X