Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judgement ?

Hi,
    In early 2010, I had 2 judgements filed in county court and was served papers for defaulted credit cards. I filed a chapter 13 in Feb of 2010. I took the paperwork to my attorney and the companys were notified. Neither of the clown collection agencies bothered to file claims. Of course they are now well past the deadline. YEAH! Anyway, the judgements are still sitting there in the county court because I did a search today. I called the lawyer and am waiting on a call back. I guess he needs to make a motion with the court to have them dismissed? Due to the creditors who didn't bother to file claims, I'm currently at 94% payback on all debtors except for my mortgage arrears which is already back up to 100% current. I assume my case could close soon and I want these judgements gone or closed before that could happen. Any suggestions? or anyone seen judgement stuff similar to this before? I just want to be sure this wont come back to haunt me or even cause me inconvenience or credit problems at a later time. Looks to me like the filing should take care of it and they had their chance to get their money. thanks in advance

You can't do anything about the judgements before they are discharged. Because, if you don't complete your plan and get a discharge, the creditors can try to collect after your case is dismissed. After your BK is discharged, you should check with the state and local court rules in the court where the judgements were entered to find out how to have it vacated. Or pay your attorney to do it.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

That makes sense. thanks!

Comment

After discharge they will have zero claim to anything you owed them. They lost out.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X