Potential Job Change During Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Job Change During Chapter 13

I currently have my chapter 13 monthly monies taken directly from my current employer once a month and have been for the last 18 months. I applied for a new job but was wondering what steps i would have to take if i accepted this new position. Do i need to completely re-do all my paperwork with the trustee? or is it as easy as sending in my payment on my own and not telling them?

If you are offered and accept a new position, contact your attorney who will contact your trustee to have the necessary wage order change made. The wage order is probably required by your state/district and you will need to probably provide specific new payroll contact information to your attorney. You cannot just arbitrarily send in your plan payments without permission to do so.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I just did this 4 months ago. I moved from WA to IA. I called the lawyer, and trustee to change my address, and I called HR at my new company to set up the payroll deductions. No Sweat.

Comment

My husband changed jobs in the middle of our case and we called our attorney and got the wage order taken away and the Trustee said we could pay him directly by cashier's check if we wanted to from then on, so that's what we did. We just didn't want to start off a new job by sending a Chapter 13 wage deduction order to them first thing. Something about that just didn't set well.... We were happy our Trustee let us pay him directly for that reason.
        Filed March, 2006 Confirmed June, 2006 Case Closed March, 2011 Discharged October 3, 2011....Got my life back October 3, 2011 about 3 minutes after receiving my Discharge in the Mail

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X