Ready to Close on 13datacenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to Close on 13datacenter

What does that mean? I told my lawyer to request a payoff amount. One day after the secured claim updated on 13datacenter, the lawyer gave me a payoff amount. I wonder if they really went to the trustee to get the amount or if they just looked on 13datacenter and gave me the amount that would finish the plan base.

I ask this because how much is owed on the claims changed again today. They have my "final payment" but if I add up the principal owed column and its $1900 more than I paid them. If the lawyer didn't actually ask the trustee for that amount....you know how that could end up.

So, to ease my mind, I come to you guys. What does "ready to close" mean next to Case Status. Does it mean that they CAN close, WILL close, or are PREPARING to close.

Aww, shucks...I just looked at how paranoid my question is. I'm just nervous, guys

Mine said that last month before it changed to closed. I received my refund check a couple of weeks later from the overpayments. My 13 status is closed but I am still waiting on Discharge paperwork.

Comment

You cannot count on 13DataCenter to be correct regarding your case status or your payoff amount. It's a software program for your trustee to use and its accuracy is completely dependent on how often it's updated (typically once a month but some trustee offices are slower - sometimes much slower - than this).

It's very typical to see changes up and down in what the entries and totals are from month to month that don't make sense to us. This happened in our case too. Our lawyer reminded us that the 13DataNetwork is for the trustee's use, not for us. It works much like PACER which we filers can see but isn't meant to be used by us but by the bk courts.

The only way to get an truly dependable accurate timeframe for when your bankruptcy will actually end is to have your lawyer ask your trustee. It sounds like you've already done this. What did your lawyer find out?

Also so far from what our moderators and expert members have been able to uncover after many hours of research, the *ONLY* way 13ers who filed after October 17, 2005, have been able to pay out of their 13 early is to either:
      (1) Have a 100% payback plan that the filers pay extra into over time or pay off all of the 100% owed early *OR*
      (2) To be in a less-than-100% payback plan but still pay back 100% to all of your non-secured creditors.

Which of these two situations matches you?
      Last edited by lrprn; 02-13-2012, 08:33 PM.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
        You cannot count on 13DataCenter to be correct regarding your case status or your payoff amount. It's a bookkeeping software for your trustee and its accuracy is completely dependent on how often it's updated (typically once a month but some trustee offices are slower than this).

The only way to get an truly dependable accurate timeframe for when your bankruptcy will end is to have your lawyer ask your trustee.

Also so far from what our moderators and expert members have been able to uncover after many hours of researcy, the only way 13ers who filed after October 17, 2005, have been able to pay out of their 13 early is to either have a 100% payback plan that the filers pay extra into over time or pay off all of the 100% owed early *OR* to be in a less-than-100% payback but still pay back 100% to all of your non-secured creditors. Which situation matches you?
        13datacenter updates almost daily for me. That's why I check it daily and try not to panic until something has been up there for more than two updates.

As far as my early payoff, I'm below median income and only required to contribute 36 months of my disposable income. I'm in my 39th month of my plan and used my tax return (that was counted as income in my plan). IMHO, you guys don't see many cases like mine.

Comment

How do you know that it updates daily? Does your case change daily? Just curious. Why are you in your 39th month if you are only required to pay for 36? I'm in a 36 month plan as well.
          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

There is a place on the case summary tab that says "trustee data current as of ". That date changes fairly often. And the info does too. I didn't check it daily until I filed a claim on behalf of my creditor so, since then, yeah. Info has been changing daily or every other day.

As for plan length. I didn't even have internet when I filed. Did zero research. We were in serious desperation mode. So When the lawyer gave me a choice for 3years or 5years, I asked what the difference would be and she said that my payment would be lower with a 5year plan and that I could pay it off later with one of my tax refunds. *shrugs* so that is what I'm trying to do. Hindsight being 20/20 and knowing what I know now, I would have picked the 3year plan

Comment

I would check your case on PACER. There is where you receive the best information. I looked under Documents filed(most recent) when my case was closing.
              Filed Chapter 13: 8/2006, Confirmed: 10/2006
              Total # of payments: 60 / ZERO REMAINING!!
              Case CLOSED: 01/27/2012

Comment

13datacenter has updated to Case Status: Closed (Complete) even tho the money has not been dispersed to creditors yet. The trustee usually disperses on the 18th-20th. Just waiting to see now. In PACER, the 1328 was filed on Jan 31. And the Directive for Termination of Plan Payments was filed yesterday (which I assume is a formality because my payments were not deducted by employer. I paid it by money order)

Either way, looks like things are headed in the right direction. Thank you guys for comforting me during my bankruptcy hysteria. LOL

Comment

Update: Now the case status has changed from "closed" to "unresolved problem". SMH. These people are reeking havoc on my blood pressure.

Comment

Its back to closed. Yayyy! The "unresolved issue" was my car title.

Comment

Originally posted by missfontella View Post
                      Its back to closed. Yayyy! The "unresolved issue" was my car title.
                      LOL You *are* gonna make it!! Yay!! Chapter 13 discharges are pretty special - you deserve to be anxious!!
                      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congrats, MissF! So glad the issue was easily resolved. Welcome back to making your way down the road to discharge again!!
                        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X