top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does website say we are delinquent?? And why does the amount keep changing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does website say we are delinquent?? And why does the amount keep changing??

Hi everyone!! We are in the last 9 months ( hopefully sooner) of our 13....I have been checking the trustee13 website a couple of times a month. Noticed that on the 4th of this month it had our delinquent amount at $356.00..noticed today (after trustee has received the $1,866.00 payment) that the delinquent amount is now $1,317.00...What does this mean?? Our payments are taken out of hubby's paycheck..( 933.00 twice a month) so how are we delinquent?? And why does the amount keep changing?? Am I reading something wrong on there?? Website also shows that we have $ 150.00 cash on hand ( that amount keeps changing too) why isn't trustee using that amount to pay something?? Sorry I am so confused.. but it has been a long 4 years and just want to get this over with..Thanks!!:

Honestly neither of the Ch 13 trustee websites (13Network or National Data Center) is designed to work like it's a checking account with deposits and payouts. These are private bookkeeping sites used by trustees and their office staff. Like PACER, we are just visitors looking in with no control over what happens there. Some trustees are very exact in their accounting while some are not. It varies widely.

Do your best to not worry about the numbers you see on 13Network or NDC - these number changes happen frequently, especially towards the end of your case. Keep your eye on your primary ball - plan that you will need to make a total of 60 payments regardless of what the numbers say. Making those last payments on time is your sole objective. Hang in there!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

As the previous poster said, take those websites with a grain of salt.

If there is an issue with your case that needs to be resolved, you will know about it. You'll get a letter in the mail.

Comment

Just theorizing here, so consider that for what its worth.

Has the site often had 'delinquent' comments? Perhaps your paycheck is bi-weekly, so 2 'payments' don't equal 1 month of your plan payment. If so, there would be times in a year when you're 'delinquent' until you reach a month with a 3rd check then it balances out. (In the course of 6 months, you would have 13 pay periods. Each deduction is a little less than 1/2 a month's plan payment, but the 'extra' check brings it all right.)

Depending on the payments to your credit, the trustee may wait until there is a certain level of funds available to pay. Like if your car loan gets $300/mo, the $150 would not be enough. Creditors are at the BK court's mercy. They get the $ when the trustee sends it, can't add extra fees or whatnot...
        ~Staci
        Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments....guess maybe I am being to panicky..LOL..I am gonna try to not look at the website that often in the next few months...maybe that should have been my New Years resolution?? But then again the other 2 resolutions I made didn't last long either..LOL.. We just keep telling ourselves that by this time next year..we will be done!!! Thank you again for your comments!!

Comment

Our 13 network at times showed us over, and at times under due to the bi-weekly thing and it is based on monthly. If you are worried, call the trustee, or contact your attorney. Can't hurt?
            Chapter 13 Filed: 2/7/07 Confirmed: 5/1/07 Discharged: 3/2/2012 Closed: 6/2/2012
            130 out of 130 bi-weekly payments DONE
            100% Completed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X