Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in!

Hi Folks,

Well I just wanted to check in because we've officially made 12 payments now, 1 year down 4 more to go. The time has really flown by and while I'd rather have that $1500 in my pocket every month, it really hasn't been bad at all. We've adjusted to paying cash for everything and it really feels good. Christmas was totally cash, and we were able to take a trip to LA last year. I'm really happy with the decision we made to file.
    Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Hi Lolly78:

Thank you for checking in and giving this great report. This gives our new members that haven't filed yet, inspiration and hope, as well, as well as the fact that filing BK is not the end of the world.

I hope everything continues to go well for you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats on making the life changes necessary to succeed in Ch 13! Kudos to you and the family - way to go! As AC said, may your case continue to move forward smoothly and uneventfully!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lolly78 View Post
        Hi Folks,

Well I just wanted to check in because we've officially made 12 payments now, 1 year down 4 more to go. The time has really flown by and while I'd rather have that $1500 in my pocket every month, it really hasn't been bad at all. We've adjusted to paying cash for everything and it really feels good. Christmas was totally cash, and we were able to take a trip to LA last year. I'm really happy with the decision we made to file.
        Hey that's great Lolly. Now if you didn't pay the $1500, you would still have probably more than that to pay the creditors. SO, you are already in a "new start". I loving hearing it work out. So many people of habit (I am one) fall right back to trouble. It has been difficult not doing so since we were so used to just "getting what we want now" than what we NEED. We are heading into our fourth year, debt free. Bills we have, some months we have to skip one but always make it up the next. Depends on the weather for electricity and other factors. Still me borrow nothing. Grats on seeing you back. Please stick around and help others. You are a success and need to tell others. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X