Discharge 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge 13

I have looked high and low for this answer...we should be discharged from bk 13 in Novemeber. What does the audit include? Do the just make sure all payments were made to creditors or do they audit our bank statements and tax returns too? We are in TX and even though they take our refunds we have never had to send our tax paperwork in to the trustee. Our lawyer had said after the 341 we were done, they would not be checking into our paperwork again. I just don't want any surprises come November...

I am in WA, but I was just discharged on 3/2 and so am in the audit period...so far they haven't asked us for anything. The letter they sent stated "We are pleased to report that all creditors who have filed their claims have been paid in accordance with the Court's initial order of confirmation in your Chapter 13 Plan....When creditor checks disbursed in your case have cleared our bank, this office will file a Final Report and Accounting with the Court thereby closing this proceeding. This could take 90-120 days." Then there is a paragraph that says that we are responsible for with following through with Credit Bureaus due to privacy issues, yada yada. Nothing in the letter states we will have to provide them with anything! I hope that is the case for you as well!!
    Chapter 13 Filed: 2/7/07 Confirmed: 5/1/07 Discharged: 3/2/2012 Closed: 6/2/2012
    130 out of 130 bi-weekly payments DONE
    100% Completed

Comment

Originally posted by sore looser View Post
      I have looked high and low for this answer...we should be discharged from bk 13 in Novemeber. What does the audit include? Do the just make sure all payments were made to creditors or do they audit our bank statements and tax returns too? We are in TX and even though they take our refunds we have never had to send our tax paperwork in to the trustee. Our lawyer had said after the 341 we were done, they would not be checking into our paperwork again. I just don't want any surprises come November...
      When you make your last Chapter 13 payment, advise your attorney you have sent that in. About a month to six weeks or so after your last payment, you will receive a letter from the Trustee advising of the steps that will be taken as to your discharge. Our trustee's letter was very informative and detailed. Basically what is done is all final remaining payments are sent out by the Trustee, all creditors have documentatoin to sign and return that they are paid in full under the Plan, the Trustee will audit everything and when all the planets are in alignment you will be issued your discharge. It takes about 2 to 3 months after you receive that letter from your Trustee to receive your discharge. Your matter then has to be closed which may take an additional 3 to 4 months. It is not an overnight process.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Congrats MOM! You must be so excited...I can't wait! Great that makes me feel better, I hat not knowing..Thanks

Comment

Wow Flamingo it takes that long 3-6 months? I felt so close to the end now it seems like so far...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X