nearing end of plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nearing end of plan

I am nearing the end of my ch13. My petition date was Feb, and the confirmation date was in June. I got a letter from my trustee saying I need to keep sending payments until June 15. My question is, if my first payment was made in March of 2007, why do I keep sending payments until June? Shouldn't the 5 years be up in March? It seems to me that that would be more than 60 months worth of payments.

Michigan is the only state that bases your plan length off your confirmation date, not your filing date. That's why you are being told you need to keep making your payments until June (your confirmation month) rather than Feb (your filing month). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
      Michigan is the only state that bases your plan length off your confirmation date, not your filing date. That's why you are being told you need to keep making your payments until June (your confirmation month) rather than Feb (your filing month). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Somebody should do something about that....

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X