Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Granting Compensation?

I just received a copy of a letter in the mail, stating

"It appears that the atrorney for the debtor filed an application for compensation for services and that the application conforms to Local Rule 2016-1(d)"

What does this mean?

Originally posted by sofarindebt View Post
    I just received a copy of a letter in the mail, stating

"It appears that the atrorney for the debtor filed an application for compensation for services and that the application conforms to Local Rule 2016-1(d)"

What does this mean?
    It means that apparently your attorney's fees were not included in your plan. It appears that your attorney has applied to the BK Court for compensation for the time he/she has spent preparing and presenting your case to the court. The Local Rule bit means that the attorney has conformed to whatever the conditions are that required to present a Cause in front of a judge in your court.

Now, if you have a contract with your attorney that the both of you signed, and it spells out exactly is expected of him/her; and part of that contract is that the attorney fees ARE included in your plan, you need to go and camp in that attorney's office starting tomorrow first thing with REALLY SERIOUS questions!!!

Good luck to you! That is a horrid, run-on sentence. Sorry....
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Your attorney filed an application for his fees to be paid out of your plan and the application complies with the local rules.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I posted before seeing AC's post. The way I read the local rules and the form for the application for fees, the application is filed by all Chap 13 attorneys being paid through the plan and can be filed before or after confirmation of the plan. It isn't necessarily an indication that something is wrong.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X