expenses on J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

expenses on J

What are resonable amounts for a chapter 13 filing for items such as clothes, entertainment and personal. What are items that can beconsidered "other expenses"

I forgot to mention for two people a husband and wife

Comment

Most jurisdictions use these values as reasonable and as a staring point. http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/...104627,00.html

Comment

My suggestion: make a detailed list of your expenses, don't worry about the proper IRS category, just label them as seems appropriate to you. Go over your list with your attorney. He/she can point out areas that might be considered extravagant/not valid expenses going forward. (Such as $200/mo to save for summer vacation...) And your attorney will help you to group them appropriately for the schedule - which doesn't have the same exact categories as the means test. Last but not least, your attorney can help make sure you don't forget expenses.
        ~Staci
        Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Originally posted by magic13 View Post
          I forgot to mention for two people a husband and wife
          We are a family of 3 and we were allowed the following per month:

$75 - clothing
          $60 - entertainment
          Personal items (guess you're talking about shampoo / shaving cream / razors, etc) falls under groceries / food area.

You need to review the IRS standards for your area for a family of 2 - much of it will depend on if you're over / under median.

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA2 View Post
            My suggestion: make a detailed list of your expenses, don't worry about the proper IRS category, just label them as seems appropriate to you. Go over your list with your attorney. He/she can point out areas that might be considered extravagant/not valid expenses going forward. (Such as $200/mo to save for summer vacation...) And your attorney will help you to group them appropriately for the schedule - which doesn't have the same exact categories as the means test. Last but not least, your attorney can help make sure you don't forget expenses.
            Exactly. Just list your actual expenses and let your attorney advise you if they need to be adjusted for Schedule J. If there are areas where you have been cutting back because you can't afford those expenses while keeping up on credit card payments, include what you think is reasonable.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X