Income tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income tax

? If you file your taxes after you file bankruptsy can the irs keep your check if you owe them? Does it matter if the plan was not confirmed? Also if the irs keeps the money can the trustee estimate that figure in your payment plan? HaD 341 today he questioned alot of stuff little stuff guess i am in for a torturous 5 years. Funny thing they didn't care if I owe local tax 500 every year. Then he waiting on all the claims he said. WTH my payment pretty high don't know what else I could cut down on. Just scared my payment gonna go up. OK only 5 years of jail guess I am stuck. Trying to do the right thing and fix it but idk.

Yes, the IRS can keep the refund.

Comment

I would much rather hand the check over to the trustee then to break it up in plan.

Comment

If they keep it IRS can they still expect me to pay it in plan too. I'm a wreck over this cause not money I actually have

Comment

The IRS will use its right of setoff and apply the refund to the oldest tax year you owe on. It will then account for the setoff in the Proof of Claim filed in your case. You will pay through the Plan the remaining priority claim, if any.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X