top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help me understand the details on my Chapter 13 Claim Summary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you help me understand the details on my Chapter 13 Claim Summary?

Hello guys,

First of all, I love this forum. You guys are so knowledgeable and kind, you guys have made me feel safe and hopeful when I'm in my darkest moments.
    I recently just logged onto National Data Center to review my case and keeping track of my progress and payments, and now I have more questions.

I was wondering, can anyone help me read and understand the following. It may seem like a silly question, but if you guys can shed the lights, I would really appreciate it.

1) The BofA is my HELOC and from what I have been told, the 2nd mortgage lien will be strip off as soon as I finish my plan. However, I was worried when I see that it's listed as "Secured" claim.... What doed this means? We have not been paying them.
    BAC HOME LOANS SERVICING
    SECURED 100% $0.00 $0.00 $178,000.00 $0.00 $0.00

2) Nelnet is a student loan that I've cosigned for my child, does this mean I have to continue paying them? Even though they didn't claim?

Thank you in advance,

When did you file? Are you confirmed? Did your attorney submit a "motion to value collateral" of your junior lien? The lien strip is not automatic, there are steps that have to be taken for the lien strip to be approved. Those steps do vary in different areas. I'm in Eastern Dist of CA and it is done by motion here. Mine was completed a year after filing and I really had to get after my attny to get it done. I believe in most cases, it needs to be done before confirmation occurs.
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Oh, wanted to mention, once the lien strip was signed off by the judge and recorded, it took a couple of weeks for national data center to update my 2nd to "unsecured" status. Pacer was obviously updated instantly, so I followed the process on there--it's a much more reliable source than data center.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

I can't even tell you how long it took them to update my claim summary to show the 2nd was unsecured. I just know it took a long time. After reading here that the National Data Center is often not kept up-to-date, I stopped worrying about it.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Don't waste your time with National Data, it is not meant for you and the data on there creates more confusion than it solves. Also, it doesn't matter for you anyway. That information is part of the claims processing for chapter 13 trustees, it has no legal bearing on anything related to your chapter 13.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X