Chapter 13 - EX missing her payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 - EX missing her payment

My Ex wife (divorce finalized) and Ch 13 reworked to where I pay a certain amount and she pays a certain amount.

She missed her Chapter 13 payment from 03/31. It usually post to the Ch 13 website no later than the 6th. We are not on good terms so I can't email her.

I did email our attorneys this morning to have them contact her to see if it was accidently applied to the incorrect account.

Just curious...what happens if she stops making her payments? I am sure the trustee would file for dismissal, but I'm not sure where that will put ME...

I am continuing to making my portion as the Ch. 13 agreement.
    (10/28/10 - Filed) (12/09/10 - 341), (1/20/11 - Confirmed)
    08/11/11 - Spouse filed Divorce
    10/11/11 - Payments amended

The bk court does not care about the marital situation. All it cares about is receiving the Plan payments. If you pay your portion but she does not pay her's the case will eventually be dismissed for failure to make Plan payments. Typically, unless the once married debtors are on the same page with the bk, divorce during the course of the 13 results in the dismissal of the case or the conversion by one or both now ex spouses to a Chapter 7.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X