Chapter 13 - August will be a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 - August will be a year

We filed Chapter 13 in August 2011 to save property we own with my sister, well ended up having to include our truck in the 13 (as it would have been paid for before the end of our 36 months) our payments are 336/mo. for 36 months. I am glad we filed but it has been a struggle one month after filing I had to let a family go from my daycare at a loss of income of $1000/mo. However, we have been able to make our payments on time. Mostly due to my doing BPOs for extra income. It feels really good to make all of our purchases in cash only. I do not think that I will ever have a credit card again. So for all of you thinking about filing a 13 ours has been very good for us it feels great to answer the phone again. We had not made a credit card payment for almost a year trying to save money for our downpayment for our lawyer.
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this board. This has helped me more then you will ever know.

gpolly123, glad you are feeling good about your Chap 13, even with the challenging month. Thanks for posting to let those who feel nervous about a Chap 13 that even if it isn't always easy, it can be a very positive thing.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

best of luck my friend and to everyone who is going through a 13, about to start one, or thinking about doing one. i completed mine back in nov of 2011 and it was a 5 year struggle so i know what it was like. this forum was a big help

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X