Question about discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about discharge

We have been in a 13 for five years and recently finished paying. The status of our plan went from "Active" on the 13datacenter website to "Plan Completed" and we were given an order to end our wage garnishment. We are just anxious and wondering if anyone has any idea (ballpark) as to how long it will take until we have the discharge papers in hand?

way2long I've just finish researching that question for you and I wish I could give you an answer. But, what I came up with is a number that you can call for discharge in bankruptcy information. It's a 24/7 bankruptcy information hotline and it's free. The number is [removed by moderator], I'm pretty confident that they can help give you a ballpark idea of when you will receive your discharge papers.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 05-27-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Hi way2long, from what I have read and understand about the finish of Ch13 cases, it can be upwards to two months before your discharge papers are officially in hand. Then it can take more time for the case to close. There are administrative housekeeping details going on in the background as the funds you have paid in are being disbursed and the final auditing taking place. Your attorney, if you used one, is the best person to ask about any particulars in your case.

Hang in there, there is a new Hamster Troupe in training for your Discharge!

I also apologize that the above spammer got in on your question.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I didn't even realize that was spam because I wasn't going to call until Tuesday. I guess I'll call my lawyer instead. Thanks again, and I'll be sure to let everyone know when I get my discharge.

Comment

way2long...me too..same boat here. Made our 36th payment on our 3 year plan on May 1st. Nothing is showing yet on 13 datacenter other than receipt of that payment. Guess I will make my June payment next week and will call my attorney to see what the status is. Good luck to you...it's right around the corner for the both of us!
          CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
          Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Our last payment is in June. Mailing it June 1st. Hope the end come quickly. Now the question I have is the discharge papers, will they be mailed to me at home or to the attorney.??

Comment

Originally posted by fromlu View Post
              Our last payment is in June. Mailing it June 1st. Hope the end come quickly. Now the question I have is the discharge papers, will they be mailed to me at home or to the attorney.??
              You may well be notified both ways. It depends on the rules of your local court.

When anything happened in our case that needed a paper copy sent to us, we got mailings directly from the BK court, and our attorney also got copies of them, which in turn were duly mailed to us. Also, since we filed jointly, and are married, but I don't use 'Hub's surname, we got everything mailed to each of us. So many times we got the same notice four different times. So much for saving on paper and ink.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

It was about 90 days from my last payment till discharge.

Comment

Our closing order date was 3/6/12. A hearing was set for 6/6/12, but we received our discharge early today, so for us it was just under 90 days. It does depend on the district you are in.

Comment

Spoke with our lawyer today. He assured me it would be "any day now." He said we should get our discharge within 5-10 of the order to release us from wage garnishment. Fingers crossed...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X