chap 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chap 13

How can I find out if the creditors have the right paper work when they claim. Do I have access to this?

When a creditor files a proof of claim, they are supposed to attach evidence of the debt. If you don't agree with the amount of the claim, your recourse is to object to the claim. I don't know the procedures following an objection to a claim, but I am sure the creditor has to provide documentation at some point, if they have anything more than what was attached to the proof of claim.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
      How can I find out if the creditors have the right paper work when they claim. Do I have access to this?
      The claim will show on PACER with all of the submitted documentation.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Where at is their a special section or do they just give dollar amount?

Comment

Where at is their a special section or do they just give dollar amount?
          Go to pacer, get on the case, and go to the history/documents section. There, you can view/download all documents that have been submitted.

You can view/download the proof of claim with support documentation. Each claim will be a complete pdf file with the claim.

Each claim will be a different pdf file.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.

Comment

How do I know if all the stuff is not there. What do they usually show? Not exactly sure what i am looking for.

Comment

Meaning support documentation I find it hard to believe that every junk collector has this, then again they had from Feb 22 until July 1 to get this.

Comment

How do I know if all the stuff is not there. What do they usually show? Not exactly sure what i am looking for.
                It's either there or it's not. If a claim is not there, then you have nothing to worry about, so chill.

It's all public record.

Comment

Looked it just states pretty much what I owe I was expecting signatures loan agreements and such. I wish I could chill, trying but now I worry about getting mail from the bk court. I got my verizon bill and on it was post bankruptsy charge 56.00 im not post bk they made me change my acct in mar because of the bk. Anybody familiar with this?

Comment

Looked it just states pretty much what I owe I was expecting signatures loan agreements and such.
                    Nope. All you're going to see is maybe a copy of your last statement with the amount due. You're not going to see any of the original documentation on PACER.

Comment

Verizon means that $56 is the charge for services rendered after you filed BK. They can't bill you for charges incurred before you filed, but you are responsible for everything after unless and until you discontinue service.

What is your concern with creditor's claims? The only thing you need to worry about is if the amount of the claim is correct (that even may not be very impotant if you aren't paying 100% of unsecured claims). You've probably already admitted to the existence of the debt by listing it on your petition. Making a creditor provide evidence of a claim you know is valid is a waste of time and attorney fees.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X