top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car company tells bk lawyer they have no secured lien. Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We only signed one form but he had a few others that he was going to file after he double checked his math. I guess it's just a wait and see from here.

On a side note, our attorney always stops short of saying that he knows the trustee well since he's worked with her for several years. He always says, 'I've worked with her for several years....but she can object to whatever she wants'.

I'm just ready to get our plan confirmed and move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by cdr777 View Post
      On a side note, our attorney always stops short of saying that he knows the trustee well since he's worked with her for several years. He always says, 'I've worked with her for several years....but she can object to whatever she wants'.
      That's because your trustee is a loose cannon - very unpredictable.

Des.

Comment

Great! We've got the Mel Gibson of trustees! I'd rather know now than find out the hard way later!

Thank you for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by cdr777 View Post
          Great! We've got the Mel Gibson of trustees! I'd rather know now than find out the hard way later!

Thank you for the heads up!
          I am sorry for you but I confess I do LOVE your attitude about your Trustee selection. I literally laughed out loud!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

UPDATE:

Our atty filed the amended plan about 2 weeks ago. Just got a letter from the trustee loaded with objections. She objects to the payment and wants it increased. And literally 11 other objections to the amended plan.

And now, I just found out that the mortgage payment I made a few days ago, which showed had been pulled from our account is now showing that it didn't and that the funds weren't there. Not sure what's going on with that yet.

But if the mortgage payment doesn't go through, it'll be late by the time I'm able to pay it in cash at a branch on Friday. It'll only be one or two days late. What's the likelihood that will cause a problem with the bankruptcy?

Any suggestions what to do if it is late?

**just figured out what happened. My wife set us up for an auto withdrawal for our car insurance. The payment in this case was enough to drop our acct balance $15 below what we needed to make the mortgage payment. Woulda been nice to know that was coming.**
            Last edited by cdr777; 08-15-2012, 11:06 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Oh my goodness I feel so bad for you! That is beyond NUTS! I dont have and words of wisdom but I do hope you get it all straightened out.
              Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
              10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

That is why I hate auto withdrawals I would forget about them, so we only have our mortgage come out each month

I'm sorry to hear what your going though they just don't make it easy to get a fresh start.

I keep hoping that my TT had lots of playtime (hint) the night before our meeting and so relaxed and wiped out

One can only hope

Comment

Pam that is too funny thanks for the laugh I can only hope the same thing!
                  Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
                  10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

Gonna try to get the bank to honor our check since we get paid today. If they won't, I'll have to get cash and make the payment today in cash. The payment will only be a day late, but I just worry about our mortgage lender (Wells Fargo) will try to take action anyway. And with our Trustee filing all of her objections lately, I don't want to give her any more ammo.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X