Brought Papers Today to Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brought Papers Today to Attorney

We had an appt. this morning to bring all of our paper work and half the Retainer to our Attorney. The women in his office were wonderful, making us feel completely at ease. They told us the meeting will be painless and over within minutes.

Next Thursday we go in to sign all the papers & they are filing August 1 st.

The cc's that were due on the 15th were not paid & that is what is the worst part & makes us feel badly. We started this journey and will see it through, thanks to all of your help.sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

We will all be here for you....as we have all followed down the same road.
    (10/28/10 - Filed) (12/09/10 - 341), (1/20/11 - Confirmed)
    08/11/11 - Spouse filed Divorce
    10/11/11 - Payments amended

Comment

You'll be okay, and we're here rooting for you all the way.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Just remember on the path that bankruptcy is a process, not an event.

Always have patience grasshopper.........
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thank you so much for your support and replies.

I sincerely hope that I will be a positive support to someone down the road that also needs guidance, I would love to be a genuine part of this wonderful, caring group for years to come.sammie

Comment

Don't worry about the cc's. They have charged you and others enough fees and interest to cover the charge offs. They are more than well protected and have no sympathy for your situation. Concentrate now on getting through the years ahead. The journey has started and you can get to the destination with a little planning. You may feel overwhelmed, guilty, angry, etc. Common emotions we have all felt. It gets better because you have finally made the decission not live for the debt. We are all here to give you a leg up.
            Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Sammie if everything works out we will be joining you on filing Aug 1st here is a toast to your new beginning

Comment

I remember the feeling well the day we filed. It was a day of mixed emotions and 5 yrs seemed like forever. We are 4 1/2 yrs in and there has been struggles, frustrations and times that I was ready to do a voluntary dismissal. However, we are so close to the end now, that we can see the light. Looking back at those situations of frustrations, they seem small and insignificant now. I am glad I stuck with the plan. We have had a chance to rebuild our credit as well. We were able to buy a car while in the chapter 13, albeit at a high rate, but we were approved to lower the rate through a FCU to 9.9% and this has helped to build our credit score so we have established credit coming out of the BK. Now I am extremely glad we stuck through it and will come out on top. Do the best you can and keep your chin up!

Comment

Thank you everyone!Your up beat responses make me more positive for the future. We are filing C 13 for 36 months, and will keep you all informed about what is said by our Lawyer at the signing of all the papers next Thursday. sammie

Comment

We filed today...I felt so much pressure lifted after we signed and saw the numbers...4 1/2 years of payments but they are affordable and very doable...Our sale date on our home was next week so it was nice not having to worry about being thrown out on the street...havent felt that in about a year...I told the wife when this is over and we get to that point we are buy a house, an upgrade...she looked at me like I was crazy...LOL

Comment

We go on the 31st to turn all of our paperwork in so I fully understand how you feel. We will keep you in our thoughts as we know what a tough journey this is for anyone. I watched my father go through both 13 and 7!
                      Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
                      10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

Hi..our case was filed on tthe 20th..c13 - 5 years. It seem like a long time but having .lived with far too much debt for the lst number of years, this is going to feel so much better. I'm glad to see there are a few of us who have filed/will be filing around the same time..we can truly share experiences. I look forward to sharing and receiving info from everyone. Good luck to us in the first day of our new beginning.
                        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X