Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts 1 year into my 13

It's been about a year since we filed.

I am still worried but feel much better overall. I pay our mortgage 15 days before the due date. We are living within our means which is an excellent lesson in itself. It was a fast year! I don't really talk with anyone about this.

Took a long time to get confirmed about, 10 months. Then we received a note that said the trustee wants to dismiss the case. This is on our lawyers I think. But I think the lawyer is a BK mill and they do this purposely. I am sure we will work through it.

I am a little concerned that the lawyer will start whacking us with fees but we'll see.

My only advice is choose your lawyer carefully!

Know that it's not a cake walk, but will work out OK!

Why did the trustee want to dismiss the case?
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I had a second that we are lien stripping. It's listed incorrectly in the claim section. There is also a student loan listed which we pay outside the plan. I think this must be it because we have provided everything that was requested. I think and makes the % of repayment under 3%. I mentioned this to the lawyers but they said it works better doing it like this...doesn't make sense to me but that's why we get lawyers.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X