Job Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Loss

Laid off today effective immediately with zero severance. Left my attorney a message. How does this work when your takes a 70% drop?
    Filed Chapter 13 on 3-31-10. 341 completed 5/20/10
    $2900+ a month 0% payback to unsecured creditors
    Discharged 6/30/2015

Sorry to hear.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

From reading your signature, you're not paying anything to unsecured. That means its probably not possible to decrease your payment and still complete your plan. So you'd need to assess why you were in the 13 to begin with, and consider whether or not those reasons would prevent you from converting to a ch. 7 now. (Or if not eligible to convert due to a prior ch. 7 less than 8 years before your ch. 13 was filed, to dismiss and later file a 7.)
      ~Staci
      Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. I was laid off exactly 1 month before you on July 2nd with 5 weeks severance. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
        Filed Chapter 13 on 03/10/11, 341 completed 04/26/11, Case confirmed 05/27/2011
        $711.00 a month with 100% payback
        17 payments down, 43 to go

Comment

Get an appointment with your attorney and sit down and go over everything. You will probably be advised to get another job, if possible, as soon as possible. If you cannot, as indicated above, you may need to consider converting to a Chapter 7. Best of luck to you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X