Can I refinance my home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I refinance my home

Can I do this while under a Chap 13....I have gotten all kinds of offers since I filed a couple months ago....Is this possible? just curious if I could lower my interest and payment....I know it seems weird to say I could get a better payment and interest rate after just filing a bankruptcy....

You need to speak to your attorney about this because in order to modify your mortgage or make any large credit change or purchase during a Chapter 13, you need Trustee permission. Call your attorney who will go over this with you and advise if it is at all possible in your situation as your plan would have to be modified as to the new mortgage payment. You could also incur additional attorney's fees if there is any further work the attorney has to do for this to go through (i.e., Motion). Your retention letter with your lawyer will spell out any additional costs/fees for any additional work during your Chapter 13.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I tried this twice. After paying for an appraisal and getting a rate lock, the rate lock expired prior to the trustee and the court responding to my petition. $500 wasted and I missed the boat on lowering my payments. They should change the law to allow you to do modifications and refi's of esisting debt if it will lower your burden and improve your chances of success. $85000 paid back so far, just under $22000 to go. Done next summer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X