What date is used for your discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What date is used for your discharge?

For those that have been discharged, what was the date used on your discharge papers? Was it the date that your case ended, meaning the month of your last payment, or was it the date month's later after the courts finished up their paperwork?
    Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

I haven't been discharged, but the discharge date will be the actual date that the court enters a discharge order, which is after the trustee finishes the final audit. I can't say how long it will take, but it will not be the date of your last payment.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Ehh....yea that's what I thought. Wishful thinking then that I had . I was told that it would be 3 to 4 months after my case closing that I should get the discharge. I was hoping that the date would be back dated....seriously what a bummer.

Thanks LadyInRed.
      Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

Comment

My discharge was around 90 days from the last payment. The discharge date is the date the discharge order is filed. I found out on Pacer the day it happened. I had Pacer OCD for that last month looking for the discharge.

Comment

That PACER OCD can cost you big bucks. Be careful of what you click on to 'simply read'.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X