About to Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All:

My 13datacenter account went from "active case" to "active case - about to close" as well, on 8/31; I also noticed that my plan base is now satisfied less $50.00; I had more than enough funds leftover on hand at the end of August to satisfy the $50.00; I called my caseworker at the trustee office, and she said that she didn't know why they didn't pay the plan base completely off; She also said that she forwarded my case off to another caseworker for audit; She said she can't audit her own cases; During my five years I've been in Chapter 13, I've had 2 lawyers helping me, plus 2 different trustees, my caseworker swapped 3 times, it's back with the original person now thank goodness; Anyone have any insight on why they possibly didn't satisfy the entire plan base by $50.00; I'm just thankful I'm getting so close to discharge; Thanks and have a nice day everyone;

Comment

My Trustee held back $5.00 yes just five dollars and dispersed that proportionately among the creditors as final payment.
      I don't see the logic in that but that is what happened.
      Chapter 13ner

Comment

unreal; wow;

Comment

Originally posted by TrainWreak View Post
          My Trustee held back $5.00 yes just five dollars and dispersed that proportionately among the creditors as final payment.
          I don't see the logic in that but that is what happened.
          It may have cost them more in processing than they realize! My Trustee stated that it costs her office $1.00 per check that they have generated by the system (includes first class postage). So if it was more than 5 creditors... that was not cost effective, especially with the commission on $5 is only $0.50 in most Districts!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I deleted the creditors below but here is what was paid with the last five dollars. 19 cents must have went to the trustee.
            Maybe somebody goofed?

Disbursement Principal ($0.19)
            8/3/2012 006 Disbursement Principal ($0.33)
            8/3/2012 005 Disbursement Principal ($0.73)
            8/3/2012 003 Disbursement Principal ($1.41)
            8/3/2012 002 Disbursement Principal ($1.46)
            8/3/2012 001 Disbursement Principal ($0.69)
            9/14/2012 N/A Trustee Fees Paid To Date ($309.31)
            Chapter 13ner

Comment

Ok, I looked at my ledger and according to how the trustee has been making payments over the course of 5 years, they have been paying approximately 17 different accounts every other month, and so with that said, they'll be splitting, according to the 13datacenter website, $49.16 among 17 creditors plus the trustee fee, for my final payment at the end of this month, 9/30/12; Whatever they do is whatever they do; It is what it is; Have a nice day all;

Comment

I too have just received a call from my atty that the trustee's office stated I only have two payments left! Woo Hoo!!! I just hope I don't have to continue to make payments until they tell my payroll dept. to stop. Long 5 yrs for me! I can't wait for this to be over!!
                Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
                Case Confirmed 12/10/07
                59 mos done 1 payment to go

Comment

Hi Carter:

My case was paid up on 8/3/2012; I get paid every two weeks, and so the monies are still coming out; My balance on hand is like getting out-of-control; My case is not 60 months old until 10/3/12; I was told by the trustee's office that once the audit has been completed, in approximately 30 days, that they will send a letter for stopage of the wage order to my employer; The way I look at it is that it won't happen until about mid-October; I was also told that any monies that are overpaid would be refunded, so I guess you can look at it as they're creating a temporary savings account for me, and probably you was well, considering they will probably have to send you a check as part of the audit process, for overpayment, by the time your audit process is done; Have a nice day;

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X