top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13datacenter says everything to be paid 100%???????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13datacenter says everything to be paid 100%???????????????

I am almost three years in my chapter 13. We have never missed a payment, and have turned over all tax refunds. I just happened to sign on to 13datacenter to see if my last payment was disbursed. It was. I then went to the page that tells you how much is left to pay on each creditor. Everything says 100%!! What the hell? We even had a second mortgage that was stripped, and that is showing the full amount due again. Could this simply be a clerical error? I have not been sent any notices from the trustee. It also still says my case is "open". Freaking out here.

Mine has always said 100% and I am paying under 1%. What's important is what is what is in your confirmed plan. 13datacenter is a tool for trustees and they all seem to use it differently. It is not an official record of the court. My guess is that the percentage pay out will stay at 100% until we make our final payments and the trustee calculates what is left for secured creditors and what percentage of their claims will be paid. After all, the % to unsecured creditors is only an estimate until your plan is complete.

It sounds like you are not done with your plan. So, your case is still open.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks for your response. What is concerning me the most is that it has always said 5%. All of a sudden, everything is 100%. However, it does still say that all of those creditors are still unsecured. I am going to call my attorney in the morning. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything is still ok.

Comment

I'm sure it will be okay. Let us know what your attorney says. This question comes up a lot.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

My Chapter 13 plan is designated as a "pot base" plan, where 100% of the base, minus the trustee fees, is used to pay unsecured creditors. In the claim summary at 13datacenter, it has always stated 100% everywhere percentages are indicated. The total I will have paid during my Chapter 13 will amount to less than 25% of the total claims amount filed by each of the creditors. It can be confusing, given that some debtors actually have to pay 100% of claim amounts to unsecured creditors, because they can afford to pay.
          Blame it on the trustee's arcane accounting protocols - we debtors do not need to understand it. Just make your payments and the discharge is forthcoming.

Comment

Nothing to worry about either way. 13datacenter is accounting software for the trustee. It has no significance as to your chapter 13 and the eventual success of your plan. Do yourself a favor and STOP checking it.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. As I found out this morning, my attorney is out of the office for the week, so this all helps put my mind at ease!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X