One payment down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi JCSawyer:

I replied to a thread about 2 months ago in relation to a 60 month plan. I've noticed that a few of the members on this site seem to "sugar coat" this process sometimes. I can tell you that I've been in my plan for 59 months, 3 weeks and 21 days. I've hated every step of the way. You will have good days and bad days with the process, no question. It ends up being a lot of money paid out, and it's hard to keep the faith sometimes, but do yourself a favor and keep the faith. Start an emergency fund in you can, and try to save something every month. I was never able to do that, and I can't wait to start saving some money again. I haven't had a full paycheck since 2007. It sucks sometimes. Stay in contact with your lawyer, and don't be afraid to call your trustee if you need to. Stay cordial with them and you'll be fine if you run into any issue(s); Like a lot of others have said on this site, it will become just a regular bill every month; People don't look down on you for doing this. You're trying to get yourself together, while others around you are probably spinning out-of-control. Stay positive and it will work for you. Good luck, and use this website as a sounding board, and view it as a support tool. I wish I knew about this site when I started out. Have a nice day all.

Comment

Originally posted by indy4wins View Post
      Hi JCSawyer:

I replied to a thread about 2 months ago in relation to a 60 month plan. I've noticed that a few of the members on this site seem to "sugar coat" this process sometimes. I can tell you that I've been in my plan for 59 months, 3 weeks and 21 days. I've hated every step of the way. You will have good days and bad days with the process, no question. It ends up being a lot of money paid out, and it's hard to keep the faith sometimes, but do yourself a favor and keep the faith. Start an emergency fund in you can, and try to save something every month. I was never able to do that, and I can't wait to start saving some money again. I haven't had a full paycheck since 2007. It sucks sometimes. Stay in contact with your lawyer, and don't be afraid to call your trustee if you need to. Stay cordial with them and you'll be fine if you run into any issue(s); Like a lot of others have said on this site, it will become just a regular bill every month; People don't look down on you for doing this. You're trying to get yourself together, while others around you are probably spinning out-of-control. Stay positive and it will work for you. Good luck, and use this website as a sounding board, and view it as a support tool. I wish I knew about this site when I started out. Have a nice day all.

Thank you so very much for the encouragement! We have our 341 on Monday and believe me when I say I am ready to get this over with. I have faith that this will be a good thing for us I just wish others had that same perspective. I hated it came down to this BUT such is life. Things happen we fix them learn from our mistakes and move on! If it wasnt for having young children who need to be watched after and a disability I would get a job working anywhere any time, unfortunately it just isnt that easy for me. Our attorney is great, I am hoping the trustee is too. We are definitely going to get an emergency fund going. Really I dont think people on here sugar coat anything they can be rather harsh about things as if a lot of us arent already down and out. I realize it will become like another bill I am just so paranoid of messing things up, especially right in the beginning that it isnt funny. I am going to go back to college and get a degree in Medical Administration or something of that nature if the trustee allows me to get financial aid (Fafsa). I just asked the attorney about that yesterday but I think the Paralegal wasnt sure what I was talking about and thought I was asking about student loans when it is just about grant money. So I am waiting to hear back before I take my placement tests as I do not want to get my hopes up just yet. This process isnt easy as I have watched my father go through one chapter 13 and two chapter 7's since 1994. I will not repeat this process that I can tell you now! Mistakes learned and it will never again happen! Now if that payment would post I would be happy LOL.
      Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
      10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

You'll be fine with all of this; Just don't stop; Keep going; I actually finished college as well during my time in Chapter 13 You can do it; Do something for yourself from time to time as well; However small it is, you need to treat yourself every once in a while; It works, trust me;

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X