One payment down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One payment down....

59 to go! Boy was i a nervous wreck this morning sending that payment out! We overnighted it for extra protection! Are all the payments this hard to make?!
    Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
    10 payments down 50 more to go!

No, the first couple and until you are confirmed, after that is becomes another payment. I wait a week or so and double check it was received and then do it again next month.
    Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Thanks! I even made a countdown calendar to help keep me motivated!

Comment

At first I wasn't thrilled with the money being taken from my check.(really didn't want employer to know)

But it's nice not having to worry about it.

Comment

Hi ..welcome to my world ... I am hoping for confirmation next week and have sent my first two checks (priiority post, receipt request). I have a countdown spreadsheet set up, so I can put an x everytime a check gets sent. It really does seem postive this way!
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Yea i made a poster with cute little numbers on sticky notes to pull off the board every month thats hung up in our bedroom lol i have a pintrest sickness lol. If they could take it out of our check that would save us $$! We have to pay for certified checks plus the overnight is 18.75! Ugh but im glad its started just want to get it done and over!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jcsawyer View Post
              Yea i made a poster with cute little numbers on sticky notes to pull off the board every month thats hung up in our bedroom lol i have a pintrest sickness lol. If they could take it out of our check that would save us $$! We have to pay for certified checks plus the overnight is 18.75! Ugh but im glad its started just want to get it done and over!!!!
              Try getting a postal money order they are much cheaper and you can pay with a debit card. Not sure your amount, but there is a $1000 limit per money order. I have to get 2, but the cost is based on the amount of the money order. I also use regular mail but allow about 1 1/2 week for regular delivery. I do use 2 day piority if I am hitting against a holiday, it always takes longer to post.

I also do a count down on a yearly calendar, 26 payments to go!
              Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I love the countdown chart idea! Great motivator!
                Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

We just finished our 5 years (waiting for discharge now) and we sent personal checks so we could see when they cleared. I always sent them a week ahead. One got lost in the mail and we just got a "friendly reminder" that our payment was late and sent another. I would't go through the expense and trouble of overnight. You can also check on your account anytime on www.13datacenter.com. This shows you payments and everything the trustee pays out. I check that often.
                  Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
                  Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

We cant send personal checks they have to be certified and given how we get paid we have to get it overnight-ed. I will be checking on 13datacenter.com as always to see what is and isnt going on LOL. I am very particular about how things are done but I did find out my grandparents get certified checks free so they will get them for me and save me $10 every month. We have our 341 on Oct. 2nd so i am ready to get the next 59 months over with LOL The chart for me is a wonderful motivator because once this is all said and done we will be paying what we pay the trustee to our regular mortgage payment and get it paid off in 5 years after we get done with Bankruptcy. I dont want anymore debt period. Well besides maybe a new car since I am giving mine up in all of this mess LOL. But it will be within reason of course.

Comment

I have to send money orders or certified checks, too. But, I prefer that over personal checks and automatic withdrawals. I'd hate to have to keep holding my breath waiting for the check to clear. I also like paying some bills by money order, especially when I don't want to give out my bank information.

Comment

We could pay by personal check or money order.

I much preferred the money order over a check, because with the MO, you know the where the money has been spent and where the check is going, as opposed to 'sweating out' which regular check hits the account first; the trustee's check or the electric bill.
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Getting the money orders every month is a pain, but it does relieve the stress that another payment could come through and leave the trustee payment short. Our trustee only accepts MO or certified checks, but I wish they would accept electronic payments, it would be so much easier and quicker. I pay most bills electronically, so money order is like living in the stone age!
                          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

We could do money orders too but i really hate paying out more $$ than i have to. Certified check means the funds are guarenteed theres no waiting for it to clear. It makes life easier i just hate having to go get it. If i could pay using bill pay or something like that it would be great but our trustee doesnt do electronic payments or drafts :-( so if my grandparents get us the certified checks it saves us 600 in the long run. That and i have never done money orders before they confuse me! But i checked the usps website it was delivered yesterday at 845 am it was due today so that makes me sigh a breath of relief! OH and on a good note i do have a job interview Monday!!

Comment

I have to go get the certified check. A bit embarrassing when going to the bank for it but I'm in there it seems all the time for one thing or another. In a way, it has always been an interesting experience, especially when I get someone who hasn't ever done a certified check before since I stress the account number MUST be on the check. If I get the more experienced tellers, they don't even think twice since I think most people in our county probably have the same trustee. The first one was definitely the hardest because I had never needed a certified check either, so I had no idea what I was doing. Now, I pretty much have everything ready to go. I don't send it out overnight.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X