Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

Just found out today my attorney is no longer in business. I have 6 payments to go till the finish line. On 13 Data Center my attorney submitted a fee of 148.32 and it has not been paid yet by the trustee. It says attorney fee has not been approved yet. It has been like this for over 2 years now. Do I need to call the trustee to see what is going on with that since I no longer have an attorney or will it all be sorted out when trustee does the audit?

I don't think you should worry about it unless you have some reason to object to the fee. 13 DatraCenter may not be up to date. If the court approved the fee, the trustee will pay it. If the fee hasn't been approved, it probably won't get paid. It will get sorted out in the audit. If you are curious, you could check Pacer to see if your attorney filed a petition for approval of the fee.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

No, I have no reason to object to the fee since I had to have my plan amended at one time and that is probably what the fee is for. I will check Pacer and see what I can find out. Thanks LITR.

Comment

Originally posted by angel7821 View Post
        Just found out today my attorney is no longer in business.
        Was your case assigned to another attorney? I have seen a couple of instances in which an attorney retired and did a bulk transfer of all of his cases to another attorney.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Not as far as I know frogger. My attorney worked alone. Just a tiny little office with just a desk and phone in it and no one else worked there. He did not even have an assistant. Business probably slowed down and he shut the door. So I guess I am on my own to get this thing finished.

LadyInTheRed I checked Pacer and no paperwork was submitted for the 148.32 so I guess he is SOL huh?!

Comment

It looks like it.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I called the trustee's office for my case yesterday and they told me that if I can't get in touch with the attorney that I can file the affidavit for discharge with the courts and I have to mail a copy to each creditor, before a discharge will be issued. Does anyone have any experience in doing this. Just another day at the office. Have a nice day all.

Just another issue to bring up if indeed you're on your own in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by indy4wins View Post
                I called the trustee's office for my case yesterday and they told me that if I can't get in touch with the attorney that I can file the affidavit for discharge with the courts and I have to mail a copy to each creditor, before a discharge will be issued. Does anyone have any experience in doing this. Just another day at the office. Have a nice day all.

Just another issue to bring up if indeed you're on your own in the end.

I was wondering about that indy4wins. Are you not able to get in contact with your attorney either?

Comment

I can get in contact with my attorney, but since 2007, he's not doing bk 7's or 13's any longer, and he always blows me off when I call him; He never gets back in touch with me; I have been contacting him for about 2.5 years now, here and there as there have been other issues that have come up during my time in Chapter 13; Tomorrow is my 5 year anniversary by the way; YEAH! Anyway, when I contacted the trustee, this is the information they gave me; I'm lucky because my administrator was my original administrator and she is very nice, and has been keeping me informed with what's been going on as the case has matured over time; I don't want to have to pay an attorney to do this work, as I'll do it myself and get it filed in a timely manner; I was just asking if there was anyone on this site that had to do this; Thanks

Comment

I think that is wrong of your attorney to just ignore you like that. You did pay him to do a job for you and that should include start to finish. Let me know what forms you needed to file to get the discharge and the timeline on it also. I would really appreciate any help I can get from anyone on this also. Best of luck to you on getting your discharge and I wish the same to me. The "being without an attorney" makes me nervous.

Comment

I will keep you informed; My ex-wife and I are going to get more aggresive with him once we recieve the information;

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X