top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank of America cancels my second mortgage!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of America cancels my second mortgage!!!

For those who have replied to my threads,

We received a letter from BofA stating that our second mortgage will be basically wiped out. We basically filed for CH. 13 to get rid of our second mortgage, I contacted our attorney who advised us that we should be converting our current CH. 13 case into a CH. 7 since we will NO longer be liable for this second mortgage with BofA! We will be filling for this next week and will NO longer have to make trustee payments .

This worked out nicely in our favor, we have to come up with the attorney fees however we will save a few thousand dollars in the long run! I hope there are others out there that are as lucky as us. For those still under a CH. 13 hang in there and be strong!

Has anyone else received a letter like this? not just from BofA but from any other bank, regarding second mortgages? I will keep posting the progress of my case too!

Good for you. Did you get the initial letter or did your attorney? Did you call the DOJ number to inquire?
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

This is part of the national settlement entered into between the DOJ and numerous servicers/lenders, BOA being one of them. We will be seeing more and more such letters which will result in more and more conversions to 7.

Des.

Comment

Congrats to you bn7
        Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

Comment

I got the letter directly from BofA, I sent a copy over to my attorney for review who then advised us to simply convert our case over to a CH. 7.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X