US Trustee Added to Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Trustee Added to Case

I recently went to pacer to look up my case as I do every three or four months. There is usually nothing of interest, but I found out this time that a little over a month ago the US Trustee was added as a party to my case. This seems very strange given that we have been confirmed for over 2 years now. I asked my attorney and he simply stated he had no idea why that would have happened. Apparently now that I am confirmed I should not expect any extra effort on his part. I was curious if anyone knew why this would happen well after confirmation of the plan and if there is something to be concerned about. Thanks in advance!

There is no telling. Actually, the UST should already have been a party to your case . Perhaps it was an oversight and your Chapter 13 Standing Trustee's office updated your case to include the UST. The UST is responsible for monitoring the overall program.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It would appear as though the US Trustee is a party to ALL bankruptcy cases whatsoever - given the fact that the US Trustee is charged with the responsibility of maintaining compliance with the Code Of Federal Regulations as applicable to bankruptcy. Only a possible anomaly in the filing of an individual case would trigger an overt response by the US Trustee; or, a random audit, which usually occurs at the very beginning of a case.

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I was thinking the same thing that it was just a clerical error, but was curious if anyone had any other ideas as to why it would happen so late in the process. I have received no paperwork whatsoever, which I would assume would be the case if I were indeed getting audited by the US Trustee. Hopefully it's nothing.

Comment

What we are saying is this. The UST should have ALREADY been a party from day 1. If the clerk entered in the information incorrectly and didn't assign the UST to the case, it could have just been an oversight.

They should always be a party, even in Chapter 11s where a "Trustee" may not be appointed.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X