No announcement yet.

1year to go Chapter 13, payment went from 1k to 7k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize as I was away on vacation. I do not have any recommendations.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

why does the trustee have to have 100%? why can't they look at your income and adjust to what you would have left over? and raise it to that level?

Comment

How much you need to pay is driven by factors in your individual case. It does not matter how much money you have in disposable income (DMI) if you have a minimum amount that you MUST pay in the Chapter 13. This could happen because you are keeping assets that have no exemption (or are only partially exempt), or you are barred from receiving a discharge (because there are prior bankruptcies that have not aged).

Normally, it is just your DMI after allowed expenses.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Okay. I have 42 months paid and 18 more to go. Can't wait!

Comment

JustBroke, I am confused and need clarification on something...you mentioned that there might be an amount of money you must pay not based on your DMI if you have non-exempt assets. If you don't have the DMI to cover the assets plus your amount due creditors, what happens? Is this common?

Comment

Originally posted by bk2013 View Post
              Justbroke, can you recommend a good attorney in Florida?
              No. It's because I filed pro se, without an attorney. Also, we don't give recommendations in the Forum threads, but that's moot anyhow. There are probably over 2,000 bankruptcy attorneys in Florida. You should take a recommendation as nothing more than "I used this guy" anyhow! You need to interview 3-5 attorneys and find the right one that makes you feel comfortable.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X