Question about starting a business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about starting a business

I should have paid you guys here to file my 13 as I get quicker and better responses. I am considering starting a small business doing dessert displays at weddings. I have to incorporate a company name and get a tax id. Might there be any issues as it relates to the 13?

Thank you

Yes there could be. If this is additional income and you are not in a 100% plan, you may need to modify your Chapter 13. If this new business venture will replace your "regular income" from a job where you are an employee, this could affect your disposable monthly income (DMI) and your ability to make "regular" payments in the Chapter 13.

Remember, that you pledge all your disposable monthly income (DMI) in a plan which doesn't pay 100%. I am not familiar with your case, so I don't know if you're already in a 100% plan. Additionally, you may have certain provisions in your plan (Chapter 13 plan) which precludes acquiring any new debt without permission.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X