How long does it take to get confirmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take to get confirmed?

If this question has been asked before, please forgive me...I just saw in someone's signature that they were confirmed almost 3 years after filing. Oh my, I am feeling a bit alone and anxious right now. Is that the norm for a Trustee to nitpick and post pone for that long? Why would they do that?

3 years is extremely rare and indicates a truly disorganized or very lenient judge.

In reality, in most districts, if a plan can't be confirmed in less than 12 months, it is dismissed.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering and working myself up trying to figure out what in the world would be the reason for that and also trying to figure out how to cope with the stress of the unknown for that long. Do you make payments every month up until you are confirmed? And, if so, do those payments count towards the 3 or 5 years in your plan?

Comment

From what I know you have to make a payment 30 days after you file and then every month , that is my experience so far.
        Filed oct, 341 this weds and confirm schedule for January but I feel a Battle coming on, good luck!
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Yes it counts towards payments

Comment

Great information thank you!

And, good luck to you dmc-2008

Comment

It took me about 6 months from my 341 to be confirmed. After filing, my attorney wrote me a letter to bring a money order "representing the first payment" to the meeting. Then I knew I was to send in monthly payments thereafter, but I didn't know I was supposed to start from the filing date. So, after I got a notice from the trustee that I was delinquent one month, I rushed off the "missing" payment and then received my confirmation order.

Comment

Wow, that must have been stressful lillymarlene!

I wonder what happens in the months leading up to confirmation behind the scenes and why it takes so long. I would be wondering if the Trustee would be trying to change things. I guess as my husband said tonight, you do what you can to prepare and have a sucessful BK, but at some point you have to take your hands off of the wheel. You cannot control or worry about everything and it seems I am doing a lot of both of those things lately.

Comment

It took us about 6 months to be confirmed from the time we filed. For us it got on the judges calendar once a month after the 341. Of course the trustee pushed back and didn't recommend confirmation after the 341 and then my lawyer had to update some things, my payment increased about $300 a month. Once the trustee was happy, we were confirmed.
                  Now 35 payments made, one more and we are finishing year 3!! 2 more to go!!
                  So far the only time I hear from the trustee is when he sends the annual statement.
                  Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                    Yes it counts towards payments
                    I think what the question really is, is ... does it count towards your 5 years?
                    and the answer is ....

Unless you live in Michigan

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

So once he gets whatever he wants then confirmed, so doesn't really matter what your attorney does, cause in reality he is wasting his time? Just a thought someone had on here that the same collection agency bought everything there is one that bought 4 of mine, hmm maybe tryin to buy more. Sorry I am so depressed and cryed out right now, my hub keeps yelling at me for crying he says im being stupid.

Comment

Your not stupid your scared! I am so sorry!

Comment

Oh my, I agree with dmc-2008. Karm43, although I didn't understand all of your post I do understand that you are scared. You are not stupid. Hang in there...

Comment

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
                            So once he gets whatever he wants then confirmed, so doesn't really matter what your attorney does, cause in reality he is wasting his time? Just a thought someone had on here that the same collection agency bought everything there is one that bought 4 of mine, hmm maybe tryin to buy more. Sorry I am so depressed and cryed out right now, my hub keeps yelling at me for crying he says im being stupid.
                            karm, I'm sorry the trustee is giving you such a hard time. I didn't mean to imply the trustee got whatever he wants. but we did have to adjust a few things, my payment went up mainly due to me receiving a bonus between the time we filed and the 341 meeting. It was hard to arguing that one. I get a bonus every year and while the amount may change, unless they change our pay structure I couldn't argue it was a one time thing.
                            You need to have a plan that you can live with. There are months when I don't have much money left at the end of the month, but I do have enough to pay all of my bills, buy food, etc.
                            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Jange, you don't have to answer this, but I am wondering how much did your payment go up based on the bonus amount?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X