Discharged but not closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged but not closed

HELLO, MY CHAPTER 13 CASE IS NOW SHOWING DISCHARGE BUT IT IS NOT SHOWING CLOSED. I DID NOT KNOW HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE BEFORE IT WOULD CLOSE. THE JUDGE GRANTED DISCHARGE BUT IM ASKING WHAT IS THE TIME LINE FOR CLOSING THE WHOLE CASE OUT. THANK YOU FOR ANY ANSWERS YOU MAY HAVE. O YES! IM STILL DOING THE HAPPY DANCE BECAUSE I'VE COME 5 YEARS TO THIS POINT

Best on Chap 13 advice in this forum is "JUSTBROKE" he's more into Chap 13.
    However from my own knowledge the closing should be indicated from the discharged, Heck I'm not familiarize with Chap 13,
    But i know Justbroke does know a lot of stuff about chap 13.

Comment

Congrats!!! Well done. You should be closed in a few months!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
      Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

The hamsters are warming up

Comment

I received my Chapter 13 discharge on 12/19/2012, and I am also awaiting case closure. My best guess is that there is a lag time between discharge and closure in order to allow affected parties (read: creditors) to file an objection to the discharge. Sort of a "courtesy" gesture on the part of the bankruptcy court. Like I said: just a guess.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your answers. I am just so anxious to end this 5 years and go on with life. Kornellred we will wait together and we both are doing happy dance

Comment

All of the checks need to clear, the bank account to be audited, and then it will happen.

Patience grasshopper......
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

PACER shows my Chapter 13 as Closed on 01/18/2013, exactly one month after my discharge on 12/18/2012. Over and done with forever.

Comment

Kornelred, congratulations!! Wonderful news and truly, best wishes on new new start!

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
                    PACER shows my Chapter 13 as Closed on 01/18/2013, exactly one month after my discharge on 12/18/2012. Over and done with forever.
                    Congratulations Kornelred...enjoy having your life back
                    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X