New medical bill advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New medical bill advice

I am 6 months in and handling my plan just fine. I need to have surgery and my insurance deductable is $3000. My surgery will cost approximately $7000. The surgical center will accept a payment plan, but this is technically considered "new debt" and against the program. I can handle the medical payments without too much problem, so do I need to contact my Trustee or attorney to advise them of this debt? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yes, contact your attorney.

I hope the surgery is a success!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I'm in the same situation. Wife is scheduled to have surgery on Feb 27. We have already incurred nearly $1000 in dueductibles for pre surgical expenses of lab work and testing. The kicker is our health insurance changed on the 1st of January and the copays and deductibles are through the roof! Doesn't start paying anything until we pay the first $1,500 out of pocket then only 80% after that. Can't afford to get sick!

Just getting a payment plan laid out and another monthly payment set up we didn't budget for.
      Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Thanks Lady - and yes Andy, it cost too much to be sick, which is the main reason I'm in the 13 now...I have nothing scheduled yet because I wanted to make sure I could afford it. Kinda caught becuase either I have it scheduled now or it could become an emergency later, so either way I'm going to be stuck paying. It's cheaper to not have a job at least you have no insurance deductables to worry about...lol. Some say I could re-open the plan and throw this in there, but I think I got a real good deal on what I pay now, even at 100% payback, and I don't want to re-open things and somehow end up jacking my monthly payment up because they missed something. As I said, I can probably pay this off in 12 months, but I didn't know if it has to be approved or not and if they would think if I can pay an extra 200 in disposable income then I should be paying more on my plan...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X