Claims from CC Company's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claims from CC Company's

I hope this question doesn't sound really stupid, but I just checked National Data Center for our Ch 13. I noticed that the cc companies (banks) have all filed claims & next to their amt. is "amount to be paid in plan 0". Am I to assume that nothing will be paid toward the cc's? If this is so, after the discharge will any of them be able to come back and try to collect. We were current on all cards up until the day we filed for our 13. Thank you in advance for the help. sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

If you complete your plan you are homefree.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

You should assume nothing based on National Data Center. It is not a court record. It is a tool used by the trustee and should not be relied upon as a record of claims filed. Before any creditors filed claims in my case, the claims section on National Data Center was filled in with creditor information from my petition. The amounts I listed on my petitoin were listed in the "scheduled amount" column and the "claim amount column" was zero until quite a while after claims were actually filed. It still shows that 100% of each claim is to be paid which is far from true. My unsecured creditors are getting paid less than 1%. The amount paid to unsecured creditors will not be determined until you have made your last payment. The only thing I rely on National Data Center for is to make sure the trustee received my payment.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
        If you complete your plan you are homefree.
        Oh, yeah. What she said. I forgot that part of the question.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you FG & LITR I find it interesting because there is $30.00 left in the Acct. after the 6 pmts. we made all the money has gone to the Trustee and Attorney. Have a nice weekend. sammie
          Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

You were current on your cards and filed 13??

I was told to stop paying if and when I was planning on filing.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmisery View Post
              You were current on your cards and filed 13??

I was told to stop paying if and when I was planning on filing.
              That is the advice usually given. But, for some of us, there wasn't a lot of time between the decision to file and the actual filing. Some people also keep paying if they are worried about a creditor filing an objection to discharge of the debt. Paying on a debt can help prove that you didn't incur the debt with no intent to pay it back.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X