Am i the only one?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i the only one?...

I must be a dork! I love watching the payments post on 13datacenter! The balances going down makes me smile and hubby just rolls his eyes at me. We will have 6 payments paid as of this month and I cannot believe we've made it 6 months so far. With minor hiccups granted but we will make it I have faith. With my disability hearing in exactly a month I am ready for anything. The only thing that scares me is if I get my disability they will be back paying me for 2 years, will the trustee get all of that? We really need to have a padded savings account, I need to have surgery, and our basement needs to be completed so we aren't loosing so much heat.
    Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
    10 payments down 50 more to go!

Maybe yes. If you are not in a 100% payment plan, and if the money coming is more than a certain amount, the trustee can use that to pay towards your balance. But, if you are in a 100% plan, talk to your attorney and use it for anything that you may need.

Comment

We arent in a 100% and it would be a considerable amount. We would be getting close to 45-50k according to my disability atty after they get their cut. But given there is surgery needed, hubby would need to take time off and their would have to be rehabilitation... It makes for a difficult situation thats for sure. I am having rods removed and replaced on my spine which will in turn straighten me out too!! Ive been putting it off and now this summer i get no choice in the matter. It has to be done. Hopefully after my atty calls back i can feel a sigh of relief.

Comment

Good wishes to you with your back surgery.

And, no, you aren't a dork for wanting to see progress on your Ch13. We developed an addiction of sorts to PACER, as we kept checking for updates!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

If you are a dork, so am I. After 33 months I still enjoy seeing those disbursements made every much. Watching the principal balance of my car loan decrease is very satisfying.

If your surgery wasn't budgeted for in your plan, the disability payments may be a wash.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

The surgery was not in our plan at all. I didn't realize hoe bad (ok I've overlooked hoe bad) my back has gotten. I've lost 5 inches in height in 3 years. Thanks for the well wishes its going to be one heck of a long recovery. I decided this summer would be better because my girls will be out of school and can stay with my grandparents. By the time school let's back in barring any complications I should be able to drive again at least the super short distance it is to the schools.

Hubby thinks I'm dorkish for getting excited watching the balances go down. It's a thrill that's for sure. I'm a numbers junkie. Been working on our budget for the month as it is

Comment

May I ask what your back problem is? I had spondylolisthesis, among other things, and I lost two inches in two years. Due to an injury I had as a teen that wasn't caught, L4 was sliding off of L5 and I was about to be paralyzed. I had my spinal fusion in 1996, and have been very good ever since. I hope your surgery goes well. If you have questions you would like to ask, feel free to send me a PM.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X