Early Discharge Possible..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Discharge Possible..?

Spoke with my TT's office this morning. I just made payment 27 of sixty and noticed quite accidentally that my non-secured showed a zero balance. My secured has about $30k left on it. I penciled out about 12 months remaining, but that will be a good 20 months short of 60.

My TT confirmed 13DataCenter's info - she quoted me 14 months left. I was honest and told her I thought it was supposed to be longer. She said the "system" said otherwise.

I'm trying to NOT get excitied - this is a glass house and could end up not being what actually happens - and I'm good with that. But, man, the karma boat could honestly be sailing by right now...

I'm in teh eastern District of California - anyone else in my District should check their 13DataCener page!

--13for60
    Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
    341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

That brings to mind an interesting possibility... what if a software bug tells the trustee the plan is complete in error? Picture this: the bug only tracks the secured, the unsecured are reported in error. The trustee signs off, the judge signs the discharge, then somewhere down the road, the unsecured credits realize what happened and object?

Comment

Actually, in this case I ran the numbers. The unsecured got the percentage they agreed to. I have no idea why the term came up short. Everyone is getting what they agreed to, and they agreed without objection. All but two of the unsecured sold to a third party.

--13for60
      341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

That brings to mind an interesting possibility... what if a software bug tells the trustee the plan is complete in error? Picture this: the bug only tracks the secured, the unsecured are reported in error. The trustee signs off, the judge signs the discharge, then somewhere down the road, the unsecured credits realize what happened and object?

I don't see this happening-The trustee's office performs an audit as part of the discharge process to make sure that all parties have been been paid..
        Last edited by Scott50; 02-12-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Were you an under the median filer who had to file a plan longer than 36 months in order to have a feasible plan?

If not, don't count on getting out of the plan early unless you pay 100% of all unsecured claims. The percentage indicated on your initial plan is not a fixed number.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LITR -

I'm sure you're correct. Nothing this good ever happens to me - it's that darned black cloud that keeps following! Seriously, I'm sure it will fall out at audit.

I am over median - it was 60 for me per the Plan.

I guess I was really surprised at the power of the "system." Maybe the caseload has been soooo high since the 200X meltdown - I hve no doubt that they rely heavily on automation ti get the job done. The computer can't be wrong.

I totally have my fingers crossed for 14 months, though...

--13for60
            341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

My numbers come up in a similar fashion, but I am under median. Mine looks to all be paid at the 36 to 40 month mark in a 60 month plan. Only one creditor claimed and it was not the bank involved in the lien strip.

My fingers are crossed for you.
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I broke down and called my Trustee. They confirmed that I have 14 months left. That is exactly what I pencilled out to pay off my secured accounts.

I'm still waiting for this to blow up in my face, but for right now I'm flying under the radar...

Does this make me a bad perso, or is this simply a lucky break?

--13for60
                341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X