How can I tell if I'm in a 100% plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I tell if I'm in a 100% plan?

Sorry for the insane rookie question, but we are in year 2 of a 5 year plan and I now have access to PACER. So if someone can tell me what to look for, I will

Also, in the National Data Center, it shows our debt priority list as to who the Trustee will pay. Our attorney's office is at #1, and they have been getting the trustee payments each month. Then at #2 is Wells Fargo for our late house payments. Then following that is our unsecured debt like credit cards. But it seems like most of the five years will be consumed with paying paying off the attorney fees then the late house payments. I guess my question is how can I tell how much will go towards the unsecured claims?

thanks for any info.

Originally posted by PapaChoncho View Post
    I guess my question is how can I tell how much will go towards the unsecured claims?
    Multiply your monthly payment by 60, subtract attorney fees, the late house payments and trustee fees. Whatever is left goes to your unsecured creditors.

Your petition should include the proposed plan. The estimated percentage to unsecured creditors is usually on the proposed plan. But, it is only an estimate and may change if not all creditors file claims or your plan is modified at some point.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Also the % should be on the national data center. Look on the claim summary tab and it has a column that says %to be paid. There should say secured or unsecured after every claim and the %.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
      Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

Thank you Lady and thanks Katztoo. In Data Center it shows all my unsecured ones at 0%. It also indicates 0% on my BK plan paperwork. But I'm thinking that the Trustee will change that once the attorney fees and mortgage amounts are paid in full. According to my math, since there will still be months left on the 5 year plan after my 100%s are paid, the Trustee will start sending money to the unsecureds, right? Even though they are listed as 0% to be paid?

Comment

[QUOTE=PapaChoncho;595809 But it seems like most of the five years will be consumed with paying paying off the attorney fees then the late house payments. I guess my question is how can I tell how much will go towards the unsecured claims?

thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]

Not sure but I think your quote answers your q?
          and truthfully-- per cent doesn't really matter. Usually your payment just is what it is, based on your dmi.
          Sometimes people do come back and report that their "base" has been paid and they are done early.
          I guess it is according to tt and local custom. Don't count on having that extra cash for the last few months but maybe you will get a nice surprise

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by katztoo View Post
            Also the % should be on the national data center. Look on the claim summary tab and it has a column that says %to be paid. There should say secured or unsecured after every claim and the %.
            Do not rely on National Data Center to tell you the percentage of claims that will be paid. Not all trustees use it in the same way. NDC says that my unsecured creditors are getting 100%. They are getting less than 1%.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X