A bit confused on Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit confused on Discharge

I posted earlier this week (Tuesday) about the bk discharge. I ended up getting a letter that day from the trustee called "Chapter 13's Notice of Completed Plan and Request for Order Granting the Debtor's Discharge" Standard legal stuff. It says the case will remain open pending receipt Final Report and Account, When said report is submitted an order discharging the Chapter 13 Trustee (it does say that) will be entered in the case. Goes on to say creditors have 30 days to object to the discharge. Blah Blah. Dated 03-01-2013.

Yesterday (Thursday) I received a document from the Bankruptcy court called "Discharge of Debtor After Completion of Chapter 13 Plan" . It says "It is ordered: The debtor is granted a discharge under section 1328(a) of title 11, United States Code. By the Court"
    and is signed by the Judge in my case. It is dated 03-01-2013.

My take is I have been granted the discharge. But I thought there was a 30 day period for objections as was stated in the first letter I received. A bit confused. Any comments on this?

Thanks

Wow - that is confusing. I'd be seriously tempted to do my happy dance right now...
    Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
    341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

Your discharge was entered. The Trustee's motion is just a motion, not an order. The creditors and Trustee can file a complaint on dischargeability for fraud up to 1 year after your discharge. I would not worry about the due dates for creditors. If they didn't complain during your confirmation, they are usually not going to complain at discharge.

Congratulations.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X