Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous

Hello-
    I am really struggling lately. I have about 6 months left in my bankruptcy. The last 4 and a half years have flown by but it seems like this last half a year is going so slowly. I am also feeling so nervous about the discharge. Are most people who complete a chapter 13 given a discharge? I am so nervous at the last minute something will happen and I won't be granted a discharge. Anyone else ever feel this way?

Made our last payment today.....yep, still feel that something is going to happen and we'll be screwed.
    Just stop, count to ten, breathe.....it will all work out.

Hang in there!!!
    Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
    341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
    35 months down - 1 to go

Comment

Make sure your credit counseling course certificate is filed and you should have no holdups.

Comment

I feel the same way as you do. I have 3 weeks to go and I will be done sending money to the trustee and the time seems to be crawling. I also feel something will go wrong and I wont get my discharge. I would say these feelings are probably normal.

Comment

You guys are gonna be FINE, I promise.
          Just keep coming here to chat, we'll remind you to file your course, dot your i's etc. Before you know it we will all be partying with the furballs.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

As long as you make your payments and take the credit counseling course there should be no problem! You may want to contact your attorney after your last payment to make sure everything is complete & they haven't fallen asleep on the job!
            Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
            Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

Originally posted by katztoo View Post
              As long as you make your payments and take the credit counseling course there should be no problem! You may want to contact your attorney after your last payment to make sure everything is complete & they haven't fallen asleep on the job!
              My plan (in 2 years) is to call my attorney before I make the last payment. I think the credit counseling and family support statement is supposed to be filed before you make the last payment.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Everytime I get a letter in the mail that has "Official Buisness/United States Bankruptcy Court" my heart sinks thinking another snag has occured. Same with attorney messages on our answering machine. Only 16 more months and ours will hopefully be done and we can move forward with our lives!
                Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I was hoping my feelings were normal!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                    My plan (in 2 years) is to call my attorney before I make the last payment. I think the credit counseling and family support statement is supposed to be filed before you make the last payment.

I have been doing some reading on this and it says the family support statement gets filed AFTER all plan payments have been made.

I am going to call my trustee today and ask him about this. I want nothing to go wrong in the next 2 weeks.
                    Last edited by angel7821; 03-14-2013, 07:46 AM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Maybe to help motivate the trustee their fee should be held until the completion of a "successful" plan.

I have the same feelings as you do, but there are rules that have to be followed and the system is designed to help you succeed. If there was an issue you would likely already know about it.
                      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

^like

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Sorry everyone for not getting back to this sooner. I had to go out of town to attend a funeral. A good friend of mine died at the tender age of 29 of a brain anuerism( spelled wrong I am sure of it(. But I did contact my trustee and he said the family support statement does get done AFTER all plan payments have been made and it also needs to be signed in front of a notary. At least in my state (South Dakota) that is how it is done.

Comment

Originally posted by angel7821 View Post
                            I have been doing some reading on this and it says the family support statement gets filed AFTER all plan payments have been made.

I am going to call my trustee today and ask him about this. I want nothing to go wrong in the next 2 weeks.
                            Find form 23 and read the instructions at the bottom. I'd post a link and quote, but I`m using my phone which makes it difficult.
                            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                              Find form 23 and read the instructions at the bottom. I'd post a link and quote, but I`m using my phone which makes it difficult.

Maybe we are not talking about the same form here. But my trustee sent me an email with the form that I need to fill out. It is called Debtor Wage Earner's Certificate and Request for Discharge and on that form there is a box that I need to check off if I owe child support or not. His instructions say to get this notarized after my last payment has been mailed. Then mail one copy to him and get one copy filed with the court system. But that is how my case to going to get done.
                              And to everyone reading this the only reason I have to go through my trustee to get my plan finished my attorney is no longer in business therefore I am on my own to get this thing done. My trustee said he would be available to walk me through what I need to do and for that I am grateful to him.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X