CH 13 Late Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH 13 Late Payment

My plan has been confirmed. Will there be an issue if the payment is three days late?

Shouldn't be just be sure to let your attorney know. Ours sometimes varies like that due to paydays and we let our attorney know and get the go ahead. Ido the same but not make a habit of it.
    Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
    10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

It seems our trustee only checks the PO box once per week as it seems our payment is posted at differing dates than one would expect. I mean I can send a letter and a friend will get it the next day in the middle of nowhere, yet the trustee posts the payments a week to ten days later. So, who knows?
      I send mine in and the posted dates are all over the place, yet I have never heard a concerning letter or call from the trustee nor attorney.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I think you normally have 30 days after the date due. Might depend on your particular trustee.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
          I think you normally have 30 days after the date due. Might depend on your particular trustee.
          That is a scary thought. I would not push it that far. If I am more than a week late I call my attorney. Only once thus far, thankfully.
          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I have pushed it to over a month and even missed one, called my lawyer and she said just make up payment which i did never heard anything. this is in california.

Comment

Remember - on average, it takes 7-10 days from the time you mail payment to the time the trustee receives it. You take a risk in paying late...especially if you have an ass for a trustee.

Best rule of thumb is to never be late in paying your Ch. 13 - which is why we have payroll deduction. No fuss, no muss.

Comment

When you get paid ever 2 weeks . The mortgage get's one check and the BK13 gets the other. Our 13 payment is due on the 15 ,we all ways get it in on time maybe sometime on the 15. I know when the trustee does payouts ,there is all ways 0 balance left. He uses ever penny.

Comment

This question goes back to why we are all here anyway. Doesn't it?

Comment

My trustee has a 3-week grace period. I was shocked to hear that, as it's sort of contrary to the whole point of learning to keep a budget and pay on time.

Comment

Our trustee files for a motion to dismiss after you are 2 payments behind. They do not want to be notified if you are going to be less than 1 month late.
                      Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                      Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                        which is why we have payroll deduction. No fuss, no muss.
                        I dislike payroll deduction because you are still the one responsible to make sure your payment is sent in on time however you are not the one that is sending the payment. If a payment is not sent, lost in the mail, etc. it is still on you to make sure the payment makes it in.
                        Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                        Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
                          I dislike payroll deduction because you are still the one responsible to make sure your payment is sent in on time however you are not the one that is sending the payment. If a payment is not sent, lost in the mail, etc. it is still on you to make sure the payment makes it in.
                          I guess there are differing views on this, but probably based on how reliable or your faith in the payroll department where you work. I work for a large company and last year I asked the trustee for the court order to make my company use the payroll deduction feature, but they never started it. I sent this paperwork through many different channels and it still did not happen. So now we just take care of it ourselves and it is no big deal.

Comment

In the Middle District of Florida, we can have our payment taken from our checking account by direct withdrawal. Great convenience and never late.

Comment

Originally posted by kmattin View Post
                              In the Middle District of Florida, we can have our payment taken from our checking account by direct withdrawal. Great convenience and never late.
                              I am so jealous. I send our payment every month by priority post. I would love to have i set up to come out of our account monthly. I don't want payroll deduction...i work in a small office wiith big gossips!!!
                              Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X