Had our signing with a new attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had our signing with a new attorney

Our signing is all done and we file next week. At this point our payment is going to be $650 per month, but it sounds like we will end up in a full hearing before confirmation. The attorney is certain we are going to get some push back on our vehicle/ transportation expenses. I drive an average of 620 miles per month for work, commute another 1009, and my husband commutes 308 per month. That puts our expenses for gas and maintenance at $875 per month.

Has anyone else had high expenses get approve with documentation?

Monica

Yes. If your job is 40 miles from where you live, it's just 40 miles from where you live. In major metropolitan areas, being 30-40 miles from your job is typical. The question will be, are you over-the-median income and is the United States Trustee feeling a little frisky with respect to your case.

I had high expenses for utilities for my home here in Florida. I even put it on a line that was SURE to have the Trustee screaming from her office to the courtroom. Not a peep. Sometimes, the expenses are what they are. If your commute is required because of your job, lack of good employment in your area, or lack of reasonable housing in the area where you work (being the typical for most commuters), then what is there to complain about?

Just keep us up to date on how things are going!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Not sure how this all works but me and my wife make over $130k gross combined and my attorney was somehow able to get our 5 year plan under $200. Somehow he was able to have all our high expenses justified. I guess we got lucky.

Comment

Max wow! My payment is double that and i make half that. Guess it all comes down to dmi!
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Our total income is $90, 000 per year. After our expenses our disposable income is $650. If the trustee doesn't allow the vehicle expenses it will push our payment up to $850. That scares me since our vehicle expenses are truly that high. That extra $200 will have to come out of the grocery bill.

Monica

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X