Finally pulled the trigger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally pulled the trigger!

Been monitoring this site for the past 4 years. Stumbled on it only by accident, but what a blessing it's been for me. Long story short...Decided on a whim to file BK and hired the 1st bk attny I interviewed. Not too happy with him from the get-go. Insisted that all facts, figures and numbers be accurate right down to the penny, when all I wanted to do was file and get it over with and move on with my life!

Some particulars: worked as a RN for past 46 years, accumulated a boatload of debt and then the market crashed in '08 and '09 and by that time I was ready to retire with only pension and ss to live on and with a debt load of over 300,000.00 dollars. Oh my, what to do? Well, found you folks and decided to get educated re: chap 13 bankruptcy. Found out it was much more complicated than I thought. My "cavalier attitude" was completely destroyed and I began to appreciate you folks and all the knowledge you were so willing to share.

Bottom-line, filed chap 13 this past Sat. retained my original attny who turned out to be just the best you could ever wish for! Discharging over 300,000 in accumulated debt. credit cards, 131,000 lien-stripping, 3500 in back taxes and a new Toyota 4-wheel drive truck. Three-year plan with payments of 825/mo.......nothing to unsecured and at the end of 3 yrs..........NO DEBTS! Crammed down the % on truck to 6% and exempted 3500.00 in IRS return. Turned out I'm only paying 116.00 extra a mo from what I'm paying now. Plus having more than enough to live on each mo. What a blessing this attny turned out to be. Never would have appreciated him without all you folks educating me. Thank you so much Tobee, Pandora, LinR, Des, Just Broke and just every body.

LOL! I read that first paragraph and thought I was going to have to give you an education. Was glad to read on and find it's not necessary.

Congratulations on getting that 36 month clock ticking!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congratulations! And you're right: this forum is a God-send. The advice and info on this site played a pivotal role in my filing and sticking with my bankruptcy. It's nice to know that you can come to this forum and know that you're not the only one struggling with debt and trying to start afresh.
      Filed Ch. 13 Pro Se 1/8/09
      Plan Payments Complete!!! 4/17/13:
      DISCHARGED!!! 7/9/13

Comment

I envy the 36 monthers

Only 15 months more for us and it is dragging terribly.
        Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by andy158 View Post
          I envy the 36 monthers

Only 15 months more for us and it is dragging terribly.
          And I envy you. Just hit the 36 month mark. 24 to go.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Cograts! You got a good deal! I envy you all! ;-)
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X