Need new bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new bank account

I have moved out of state where my bank operates(TD BANK)..There is no TD bank in the state of Washington...it looking to get a new checking account, I have been denied a checking account. I thought that if you had no bad checks via the check verification service, that getting a bank account was doable. Now I have been denied a checking account.

What are others doing that cannot get a checking account when they move out of the area where they bank operates

I was turned down by US bank, wells fargo and Bank of America...Should I go to a small local bank???

What are your suggestions?

I have a debit card that my work place offers and places the money on pay day onto the debit card and I also have TD bank still...

Thanks

I currently use a local credit union. When I filed originallt Bank of America closed my acct.

Comment

Have you been discharged yet? I never heard of being denied a checking account.

Comment

You need to get a credit report from chexsystems to see what they are reporting about you. Have you bounced checks and not paid for them?
        consumerdebit DOT com

You can also use Green dot prepaid debit it allows direct deposit and deposits with a green dot money pak. It is a FDIC bank. American express has the bluebird service that allows direct deposit and deposits via walmart stores.

Comment

NO I have never bounced a check...that is why I am a bit surprised..I applied at US bank..as I moved to the state of Washington and TD bank does not operate there and wanted to have a local bank for my needs.

US bank denied me..and used the Trans Union credit report not the checking account verification service.

I do work for a company that I get paid via a debit card(Visa).....this is separate from my TD bank account...

Trying to not have alot of inquires on my credit report, now that one bank has already checked my credit report...

Thanks

Comment

I use BECU which is a large credit union here in Washington. Currently have a (post bk) car loan, credit card and line of credit with them, all opened after the bk including the checking and savings account. We moved here from Hawaii and opened the account just prior to moving to this state.

Also just opened a bank account at kitsap bank for a new business venture, so that one would depend on where you live in the state, but BECU is everywhere, plus they use the shared credit union network which is pretty awesome.

Not one problem opening any of them.
            Last edited by panda; 05-13-2013, 10:07 PM. Reason: update info
            Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
            DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

Capital One has an online bank and I believe they are BK friendly. You could look into that.

Comment

Thanks...I will try BECU

Comment

TD Bank has a tendency to blacklist its former customers. You need to find out exactly what their complaint against you is so that you can address it.

My god-daughter overdrew her account and told the bank to perform a physical impossibility, and she is blacklisted everywhere she has tried to get an account. I do not think she has tried an online bank yet.
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I got a report from Chex system, apparently when I closed my Suntrust account, there was an extra charge of 45 dollars made from an online answer service...you ask the lawyer a question online, and they answer you and you rate them and pay according to a fee schedule. I had left move in the account for the online fee...more then enough..but they charged me twice...I disputed with Sun Trust and they said that they could not do anything...then there was the overdraft fees...made me owe Suntrust 160 dollars...not sure what the next step is....anyone?

Comment

I guess I'm not understanding why Sun Trust told you that they couldn't do anything. Did you tell them you wanted to file a dispute on the transaction? Seems like they should have been able to help you with that whether there is money in the account or not. Not to mention that if there are 2 transactions around the same time for the same amount that should seem suspicious to them. I'd go back and try someone else at the bank for starters. If nothing else you can always try filing a complaint with the state bank commissioner. It's typical of banks to blame things like this on someone else.

Comment

I guess you should try a small, local bank or a credit union. In a large corporate bank, no one has authority to do anything at the branch level--if the "computer" rejects you, then too bad. At a small, local bank, or at a credit union, you could explain the fact that you were reported to Chex Systems due to transactions which you did not initiate, and have tried in good faith to dispute with the bank. If you can get a copy of the final statement from SunTrust Bank, which shows that these are electronic transactions--not checks or debit card purchases initiated by you--then you can probably convince a small, local bank or credit union to open an account for you.

I am in Chex Systems for a similar reason--due to Ebay fees being charged to an old TCF Bank account, which I had not used in years--and when they threatened to report the debt to Chex Systems, I went out and opened an account at a credit union BEFORE they had a chance to report me. Eventually, the credit union found out about the Chex Systems reporting, and sent me a letter saying that they were going to close my account, but I was able to speak to their fraud manager and explain the situation, and they let me keep the account.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X