Discharge 2017 club .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge 2017 club .

I am scheduled to discharge in October 2017!!! It feels like a Long way off! Are you in the same boat? When will you get there?
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

July 2014. Back in 09' it felt like a long way away, now here I am with a little more than a year to go! Time flies, don't worry.
    CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
    Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

Discharge date should be sometime in July next year. Been reading here it can take a while to completely "close" your case after your last payment though (up to 20 weeks in some districts). Just want it all to be behind us.
      Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Filed in September 2008. At that time 2013 seemed like an eternity away. But life kept going on and now I only have 4 payments left and it seems only like yesterday I filed. My quality of life has been exponentially better since that time than the 10 or so years before I filed.

Comment

At this time in 2015, my final payment will be over a month behind me and I'll be waiting for discharge or already dancing with the hamsters.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Final payment will be January 2015, 18 payments and counting!
            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

As WhattaMess posted, it too seems like yesterday when we went to file. November this year will be the end. How time flies when you're having fun. That first Xmas was rough and the one a year later was not much better but it has been realitively smooth sailing these past 4 1/2 years. Careful money management and a plan that has allowed some savings each month has led to our success, so far. Knock on wood.
              Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

We will make our last payment April 2014. This seemed so far away when we filed in 2009. The past 4 years have gone by fast, but now it seems to be going slow! we are just anxious for this to be over...

hang in there! You will get through this.

Comment

Lots of you are so closevtonthe end!!!! I will be here rooting for you! LITR you can't leave us when you are done, say it isn't so! :-)

Comment

Yes, I am also a 2017'er.

The thing that really sucks is that I don't want to live a life where "time flies", yet because of this BK, and because of it ALONE, I find myself wishing for exactly that.

Now that I'm in my 40's, and have an elementary school aged child, my wish is for life to move as slowly as possible, enabling me to savor it and enjoy it, yet the 13 has robbed me of that vision. While I am trying to "make the best of it", I find myself depressed on a daily basis, with a generally negative regard for this velvet prison sentence. It serves to prevent me from doing what I want to do in my life as it relates to my career, my education, travel, and even the daily tasks necessary in life such as repairs to the house or cars, or replacement of broken or worn out possessions, like televisions or computers.

I type this on a 5 year old laptop that I've already replaced the hard drive on once. My desktop PC is 13 years old and barely operational at all. I have one 5 year old flat screen TV with lines on the screen, and 2 15 year old tube TVs. My car needs Brakes and Rotors, and the engine light is on, and it is nearing 100,000 miles and is in need of a $750 timing belt replacement so it doesn't break and destroy the engine. Our "emergency fund" will disappear to nothing if I start "fixing" these things. Our house is also in need of repairs I am putting off. We have an intermittently working hot water heater. The roof has 2 leaks. The AC won't cool the upstairs (thanks goodness its been a little cooler than average lately). We have burned through our yearly health spending account money for medical co-pays and prescription co-pays in 6 months, and now need to pay this from our cash instead. Car registration has gone up and is due. Gas is now $4.25/gallon here.....almost $1.00 more per gallon than when we filed.

Those in CH 7 are not hamstrung for half a decade of their lives like those of us in 13. Yes, I'm bitter.
                    Filed CH 7 Sept. 2011 - UST Motion to Dismiss (presumption of abuse) Dec. 2011 - Converted to CH 13 Feb. 2012 - Plan Confirmation May 2012 - Expected Discharge June 2017

Comment

Alorth, I feel your pain! I hate that I am wishing this much time away, but look at the big picture! What will your life look like when u are done? Would you have been able to pay it off or would you be in deeper? Perspective! I will pm you!

Comment

Bump: just wondering if there are any newbies here! We are gonna be here awhile! :-).

Comment

I am the 2017 club Filed in Jan 2013 and am in a required 60 month plan but with my payments and the amount of claims it will actually only be 43 months.

Comment

You must be paying back 100% of the claims that filed - you are so lucky!!!!

Comment

I'm also scheduled to be done in April 2017 which seems so far away. Yes, 1 year has gone by quickly but just the thought of 4 more years hurts my stomach and gives me a migraine.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X