No announcement yet.

Discharge 2017 club .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am in the 2017 club, but I consider myself quite blessed for the opportunity. Since Chapter 13 is a voluntary act, I volunteered to pay a fraction of my past debts over a 5 year period vs the alternative which was the worst way to live. My life has improved dramatically for the good in the first year, in fact I now go to stores with money and cannot think of one thing to buy. The $80,000 in credit card debt over the years bought me lots of clothes, electronics , Led,s. and guess what? I still have it, thus no buying only saving. My only problem is that I love to travel which require hotels and airlines and those costs add up quickly so I have to talk to my psychiatrist to find out why I am so compulsive in that area She said it is because I am lacking in other areas, pay the bill on the way out.
    Last edited by magic13; 08-07-2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

April 2015 - seems like a long time off but when I look back to 3+ years ago - 19 months is nuthin' Just praying for a quick closure that doesnt drag out.

Comment

Well next month is 2014 already! Sure sounds better for this chapter 13 2017 club! I am done late in the year but still sound good! I filed late in 2012! How are you doing?
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

* bump* How is the 2017 club doing? I feel a little sluggish! But plugging along. How are you all?

Comment

Hi DMC,
            I have 35 months left and honestly I think the time has been going quickly.
            I remember a furniture ad offering terms of payments starting 5 years after the purchase when we just started our case..no payments till 2017. I saw the newest ad last night, no payments till 2019. That really hit me as to how much time has passed already. With any luck we'll pay off earlier and be done by the end of 2016 *touch wood*..that's the plan, we'll see what happens. Hopefully things start feeling quicker for you.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Hi Sophieanne, when you look at it like a car payment it does feel more doable! I just watch the calendar too often!

Comment

Hi DMC,
                I understand that totally. Just remember, live in the moment. Time really does pass quickly. don't rush it any faster than it already goes. Even though we're in these plans, enjoy every day..every month.....
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I just made payment #52. It really does seem like just yesterday we were starting out on this journey, So much as happened during these past 4+ years good and bad. I am excited to be so close to the end but on the other hand, I am very excited for spring and summer and working in my garden. After this past winter, I am really not wishing for January to come again. So enjoy the days, the time will pass quickly.
                  Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Great wisdom! Thank you! Next May will be my half way point and I think I will feel over the hump then, on the downhill slide. I make payment 19 this month and yes the months are ticking off slowly. I just turned 54 on the 8th and won't be done until I am 57! It really is the only way to be able to move forward into that part of life! One day at a time, one bite at a time! Glad I did this now instead of later!!! At least I am working!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                      Great wisdom! Thank you! Next May will be my half way point and I think I will feel over the hump then, on the downhill slide. I make payment 19 this month and yes the months are ticking off slowly. I just turned 54 on the 8th and won't be done until I am 57! It really is the only way to be able to move forward into that part of life! One day at a time, one bite at a time! Glad I did this now instead of later!!! At least I am working!!!
                      Belated Happy Birthday DMC...something we have in common...i turned 54 on the 6th....
                      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

dmc, believe me I get it, I just turned 59. 5 years ago, I couldn't even think about retirement and thought I would have to work forever. While I am not ready to retire just yet, the future looks promising and I can think about retirement and save. My husband will start collecting social security in Feb and my payments will be done in Jan. Not having to make that payment anymore will be like getting a huge raise.
                        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Bump! How is everyone doing? Happy very belated bday Sophieanne. Time still ticking!

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                            Well next month is 2014 already! Sure sounds better for this chapter 13 2017 club! I am done late in the year but still sound good! I filed late in 2012! How are you doing?
                            Wow , another 6 months are gone. Soon there will be a 2020 club

Comment

* bump* How is the 2017 club doing?
                              Xoxo

Comment

Hi DMC,

I am doing well...how about yourself.

Although 30 months sounds like a long time to me it's actually being going quickly...it's like wow...already completed 2 years, 30 more months to go. What makes me sick is looking at the amount we've paid in. If that doesn't do the "scared straight" trick for never going in debt again, nothing will. But trust me, in my case t's working.
                                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X